Not going to be able to make it to Blade Show...

Hi All,

Seems like my only posts lately are nothing but bad news...it's been a tough couple of months for us here. Yesterday, our home was hit by a flood...we had something like 6" of rain in our part of town in a period of just a couple of hours....the little creek behind our house turned into a raging river, and that river went right through the downstairs of our home. To make a long story short, we're not gong to be able to make it to the Blade show this year, we've got a lot of cleanup to do and to get the house dry before mold starts to set in.

I'm trying to find someone who is driving to the show and passing through Knoxville that would be willing to pick up some flyers to put out on our table for us. If anyone would be willing to do this please call me at (865) 660-5280.

Also, we have a hotel room paid for in Atlanta at the Homestead Atlanta Hotel which is two miles from Cobb Galleria. If anyone can use this room, we got it through Priceline so can't get a refund on it, so I'd rather give it to someone who can use it down there. Give me a call if you can use the room.

Kathryn and I hope everyone has a great time at the show. We're going to get the house dried up and then start getting some more of our backlog finished up.

-Darren

Man Darren, it's been a rough year for you guys. Here's hoping it gets better from here on out!

I was looking forward to meeting you at Blade, but life happens. I'll buy you a beer at the next one. You deserve it.

Take care,

-d

Life seems to single out good folk sometimes. I'm sorry to hear of ongoing hardship at your home. Call incoming on the room.

Darren, we all get dealt rough hands now and then, but I'm thinking that you guys have had more than most! As much as it hurts not to go to blade, you're doing the right thing to get your home dried out before the mold starts. Are you removing the lower portions of the walls? (especially if they're drywall with insulation in them). That stuff will stay wet forever, and mold like crazy, ask me how I know. Did you h ave flood insurance? It's sure help if you did. Hang in there, wish I could help with the flyers and hotel room, but I'm stuck here in Uvalde, Texas. No Blade for me until next year.
I'm needing some koawool, etc, (certianly nothing urgent!) Do you think you'll be back up to speed in a couple of weeks?

Robert is very right about the drywall. We had a basement floor last year from a water heater and tried to dry it out ourselves for a month before calling in the experts. It was not a wise choice to delay...

I'm sorry that you are having such a bad year and hope this is the last of it!

I sorry to hear you are hit with some hard luck Darren, it sounds like you have your hands full there. The show will be there next year.

Sorry to hear of the flood. Fiddleback said it right, hard times single out good folk. We here wish you the best and I hope things work out for the two of you.

Darren,
Contact Krause ASAP and get with MAry Lutz. Krause is not out to hurt makers/ suppliers/ etc. IF you can't go for that kind of reason, and if saving the money is more important than having fliers set out on your table, Mary is "mighty good folks". She will probably help you out to put the rent toward next year......

There may still be someone at the show hoping for a table that she can place there and help you out.....

I can't speak for her, but I can speak of Mary and Krause very favorably.

Get with Mary or her "henchmen/ladies....I bet she could fill that table tomorrow a.m.!

I can't be there at the almost last minute but one of my friends/ fellow Guild Members (
(our Sec/Treas, Lowell Bray) has the table to himself.....and that was OK with MAry!

Darren - I am PMing you Mary's email address!!!!:thumbup:

HAng in there buddy.
Brian

I'm sorry to hear about the hardships you've been enduring, Darren - however i have no doubt that you and Kath will rise above it. You're both made of some stern stuff!

Prayers sent yet again for you and Kath.... It'll get better soon, y'all are still alive and that's a great start to any day.

Back