1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Not Leather: Clay Faces

Discussion in 'Armoralleather' started by leatherman, Jul 15, 2013.

1. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    I started doing clay faces in my college years, got back into them again about ten years ago till the kiln I had access to was shut down. I'd love to find another kiln to use, darn things are expensive to buy and run.

All these are either redware or whiteware low fire clay. The first four are stained and waxed, the reddish brown one is natural (the kiln went through an awesome oxygen "reduction" and produced a wonderful color, this stuff usually comes out brick red or near pink. The last one is whiteware that is painted. I have made and sold so many through the years before I got a digital camera. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Now these I like ! :thumbup:
    Very cool, Dwayne. The emotion oozed out of these still life faces. Really cool. Cool enough to hang up !! ;) :cool:

3. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Thank you! :)

4. Tyrade83

Tyrade83 Half man, half bear, half pig

Aug 17, 2010
    Those are creepily awesome! I'd hang a few in my man cave for sure!

5. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
    +1 on the oozing creepy factor! I love them!

6. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Many Thanks! :)