NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

Two different knives...one piece of wood:

86HumZu.jpg

nrLaW90.jpg

Two different knives...one piece of wood:

86HumZu.jpg

nrLaW90.jpg
Okay Dave. I believe you've outdone yourself with this pair. I am keeping a folder of your knives so that when the time comes I can say........ "THIS RIGHT HERE Dave is what I want!" Spectacular and Quite Notable pair of aces. WOW

Okay Dave. I believe you've outdone yourself with this pair. I am keeping a folder of your knives so that when the time comes I can say........ "THIS RIGHT HERE Dave is what I want!" Spectacular and Quite Notable pair of aces. WOW
Thank you sir!

This pair is notable for a few reasons; one is they are a couple of my very favorite carry knives. Two is they are the same 856 jr cattle model but made a few years apart and have very discernible differences from each other. There's also the possibility that they were made in separate factories, as schrade moved from walden to ellenville around 1957.

IMG_3988.JPG

This pair is notable for a few reasons; one is they are a couple of my very favorite carry knives. Two is they are the same 856 jr cattle model but made a few years apart and have very discernible differences from each other. There's also the possibility that they were made in separate factories, as schrade moved from walden to ellenville around 1957.

View attachment 1113629

Paul, the color on the bottom one really makes it stand out:thumbsup:

Schrade released a bunch of "commemorative" knives post "Schrade Walden" to likely re-brand a little bit and what better way than to embrace the Bi-Centennial celebrations of time. These two beauties were rolled out c.1976 on Schrade's famous 804 whittler frame and dubbed the "Bi-Centennial Whittlers". I had forgot about this pair but MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk 's post earlier reminded me. Pretty awesome pair :)

KENTENN.JPG

Back