Notification emails without content

Did we ever come to a resolution with this? I still don’t have the preview in the emails yet

Happy Saturday boys!

It's solely up to the site owner whether to do so. He has explained the issues that were piling up the old way...as a result of too many folks "replying" to the "no-reply" messages they were receiving.

Hopefully he can find an acceptable way to return to more "informative" notifications again in the near future.

Similarly, it's solely up to the customers of the site whether to continue paying for the service.

I am more than happy to volunteer my time to help solve a basic technical problem if the suggestions given so far don't work for some reason.

If the owner is simply unwilling, I'll be voting with my wallet.

Similarly, it's solely up to the customers of the site whether to continue paying for the service.

I am more than happy to volunteer my time to help solve a basic technical problem if the suggestions given so far don't work for some reason.

If the owner is simply unwilling, I'll be voting with my wallet.
That's considerably snarkier than called for. If that's your attitude, I'll be happy to send Spark the cost of your membership when you leave.

Spark Spark has been working with a tech consultant to upgrade the servers and system which are going to cost in the thousands of dollars.

He hasn't made these choices because he's being a dick about things or because he doesn't give a crap. And your insinuation is uncalled for.

I'm not being snarky or insinuating anything, I'm just stating facts like you were stating facts. His behavior is up to him, I'm not saying he's being a dick or doesn't give a crap, those are your words not mine.

I'm saying suggestions have been given that would actually solve both problems, and probably more effectively than the current "solution", which as far as I can tell doesn't actually prevent people from replying.

I am offering to help, for free.

If a solution isn't implemented, I'll stop paying. I'm not making any assumptions about his motives by doing so, other than (by definition) he was unwilling to do it.

There should be no emotional internet drama about basic functionality (no-reply messages) that thousands of other sites use.

Just in case prior suggestions were unclear, and based on bladeforums.com MX records indicating google is being used for mail, here's specifics for XenForo and Gmail:

again if there is some technical reason why that doesn't work, I am more than happy to help for free

You're welcome.

Please submit all gratuities in small bills, in an unmarked plain brown paper bag, left in the dead of night beneath the intersection of I-40 and I-26.

;)

Can I mail somebody closer to that intersection a spare left Dek1 scale, to put there for E. ? :)

Can I mail somebody closer to that intersection a spare left Dek1 scale, to put there for E. ? :)
No, but I'll bet you can find someone in need on the CPK forum. Thanks for the thought, Roland.

Back