Now that we have autos, give us some options...

I need my 110 auto. It gives me the ease of a fixed blade without having to carry a large knife. The ability to have a knife deployed one handed is indispensable in my everyday life.

I always tried to carry all my knives in steady rotation. That's all gone out the window since the auto 110 hit my belt. One knife, everyday. I'd like to see more options for the 110 auto. Since I've gotten older I like brighter colors. It makes finding a user knife a lot easier, especially around camp. I'd like to see a Fox like (orange G10/NS/CPM154) configuration in the auto. I saw one was made at some point. Why not more?

That would you all want? Listen up Jeff...;)

Pete

Pete, I carry the 898 Impact most everyday. I have the 110 and 112 autos as well as a 898 LE Carbon Fiber. I like the clip carry on the 898 as opposed to having to get the knife out of a sheath when needed...I don't like clips on 110/112s. More options are always nice for those that want/need them.

Need the 110 auto Pro. I'd carry the hell out of one with a clip. I've got too much on my belt already when I'm at work.

I really haven't given the 112 auto a chance..I bought one from the first run in the hope it would be marked or odd in some way. I gifted it to my son and never carried it. I've had my eye on the Elite but opportunities for really rare odd 112's come up and bumped it down the list. Many like the look of the traditional 110 112 and since laws against auto knives are finally ending the market for Bucks 110/112 auto's will increase. It's time for Buck to release some true fancy LE's!

pocket clips don't appeal to me. i used to carry a 484 about 15 years ago. I started to notice scratches all around the house. they were from that clip. leather doesn't scratch the walls and chairs... or my truck when I leaned on it.:eek:

I was thinking about this today and I’m hoping they do have some choices for the auto 110/112. That’s the reason I haven’t got I yet because like kossetx I like the more visible colors to see it better when I lay it down or drop it in the grass. Also some blade choices added such as cpm154 or s35vn would be nice. I’m still not convinced I need an auto as I have done well without them but as age creeps in my hands aren’t as nimble especially when it’s cold.

I need my 110 auto. It gives me the ease of a fixed blade without having to carry a large knife. The ability to have a knife deployed one handed is indispensable in my everyday life.

I always tried to carry all my knives in steady rotation. That's all gone out the window since the auto 110 hit my belt. One knife, everyday. I'd like to see more options for the 110 auto. Since I've gotten older I like brighter colors. It makes finding a user knife a lot easier, especially around camp. I'd like to see a Fox like (orange G10/NS/CPM154) configuration in the auto. I saw one was made at some point. Why not more?

Pete
I really love my 112 Auto Elite.
You can get a shorter blade S30V 3.18" Auto in orange that Buck makes called the 898. It is very nice.
0898ORS-B.jpg

I've owned and carried 3 or 4 side opening autos, I wouldn't say a safety is necessary at all.

Unless the 110 auto is more sensitive or something. I've never held one, so I couldn't say for sure, to be fair.

Pete
I would give serious money for an auto 110 with aluminum frame and bolsters and a drop point blade in 5160 carbon steel. I'd take any scales, but I prefer red micarta. I don't need a pocket clip as I use a horizontal belt sheath. I'm sure I'll never see the like, though. :(

Zieg

I would give serious money for an auto 110 with aluminum frame and bolsters and a drop point blade in 5160 carbon steel. I'd take any scales, but I prefer red micarta. I don't need a pocket clip as I use a horizontal belt sheath. I'm sure I'll never see the like, though. :(

Zieg
You had me up to the 5160.
Ive come close a couple times but really want the drop point blade. NS or aluminum.

I've owned and carried 3 or 4 side opening autos, I wouldn't say a safety is necessary at all.

Unless the 110 auto is more sensitive or something. I've never held one, so I couldn't say for sure, to be fair.
i have many autos in all brands and setups. ive been carrying autos for a long time. 2 kinds of people in autos. those who have had one open in their pocket and those who havent had one open yet.

George schrade tried a recessed button auto 100 years ago. it didnt work then it doesnt work now. he put safeties on after that.

the 110 auto isnt made to be pocket carried. the sheath is the safety. it needs a safety if its gonna have a pocket clip and be pocket carried.

636CA8BC-4840-4CBD-8B38-9CD03143BF04.jpeg I have sacks full of one handed opening knives that are not automatics. Knives which are slim and light weight do not present much of a problem for pocket carry. So in the option department, I am more interested in premium blades and pocketable designs. Autos would also be more attractive if they were a little quieter.

Back