Numbered Collectors List?--Sal?

pillshovel

Gold Member
I was just curious if you have to be a dealer to get on the number collector list (where you get a numbered model of each new model)?

If not, how do you go about signing up?

------------------
Chad
pillshovel@netscape.net

Hey Chad,
Just thought I'd respond with what I've heard. I think all you have to do is contact Michelle or Joyce at Spyderco to enroll you in the collector's club, and you don't have to be a dealer. I'm not sure of the cost, but I heard it's around $1000 a year. Sal? I would like to know more details myself.

Chad

------------------

savsport@aeroinc.net

AKTI Member #A000094

Honey, I swear that's the last knife I'm going to buy...

I checked into it, but Savman is right. You have to make a commitment to get one of each new model that comes out. I was told it averaged about $1000 per year. Not easy on a lowly police salary.

------------------
-Dennis-

There's no fee to join, and no you don't have to be a dealer. You must agree to purchase a numbered edition of each new model or product that Spyderco produces. Your number will be the same on every knife, or product. There are I believe 15 openings at this time. Nancy at Spyderco is the facilitator for this club.
Danelle

One more question. If a knife (say something like a Dragonfly) comes out in 3 handle types and two blade types. Is that 1 model you would have to buy or 6?

Would you get your choice of handle and/or blade type?

------------------
Chad
pillshovel@netscape.net

[This message has been edited by pillshovel (edited 17 August 1999).]

Chad,

Maybe I can help a bit. You are only obligated to purchase the standard model that they ship to you. You do not have any choice in that model. If that model comes in 3 different colors you have the option to purchase those as variations and each variation that you purchase will have your collector number with a V placed next to it stating that it is a variation. Believe me that gets expensive real fast. Some months I only get one or two knives then some months I may get 2 or 3 in one week. You have to keep money set aside for this as you never know when they will be sending you knives.
I hope that this helps.

Bobby

[This message has been edited by Knifeslinger (edited 17 August 1999).]

Hmm, IIRC, Sal's stated goal is to slow down the introduction of new models, to about 5 a year....

Back