1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Numbered TAD Mk3

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Cyclops_hammer, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer

Aug 8, 2015
    Hey guys, I recently got a mint TAD Dauntless Mk3 and it has the number 25 stamped into the blade above the USA lettering on the lock side of the blade. I have a Mk4 and it does not have that numbering.

Anyone have any idea what it could be number for? Were a limited number of them? First run maybe. I'm just looking to dig up some info.

2. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Not sure. Did it come with its letter/certificate of authenticity by chance? Also, I know there was a small run of MK3s that came with a Ban Tang edge. Could it be one of those possibly?

Cyclops_hammer likes this.
  3. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer

Aug 8, 2015
    It did not come with a COA. Only the box, a business/care instruction card and the knife

4. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I believe the first run were numbered

Mingecutter and Cyclops_hammer like this.
  5. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Thanks for the pics. It's definitely not one of the Ban Tang versions. So, it sounds like @unwisefool might have provided you your answer :thumbsup:

6. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer

Aug 8, 2015
    Thanks guys that what I was thinking also, first run. Thanks again !!