Nylon Sheath for Wave?

Does anyone know if the New Wave will fit into the orignal PST nylon sheath? I've found nylon sheaths for the orignal PST and for the Supertool, but have not been able to find any specifically for the new wave. Or, is there another inconspicous black sheath that would work for the new wave? I was planning to take the Leatherman logo off the nylon sheath anyway. I'm hoping by removing any extra color, it will draw minimal attention at the office. :eek:

klattman said:
Can you fill in the color with a black permanent marker?? Just a thought.

I think that would work and I could easily touch it up if it started to wear off. I just want to make sure that the new wave will fit the nylon sheath available for the PST, PSTII, Pulse, etc.

you may want to try www.ripoffs.com they have a good selection of solid black pouches. i use them and find them very durable. i get mine at the local military surplus store. (you can also try sporting goods stores)

*i'm going to say that the wave won't fit a pst sheath (working off memory)

I'm pretty sure it would fit without any problem. Leatherman.com sells them for $5 and the three pocket new Wave sheath for $6.

[Added] The product info for the Standard Nylon Belt Sheath says it should fit the following models:
PST PST II Sideclip Flair Original Wave
Pulse Crunch Kick Fuse Blast

Even with $5 shipping it's a decent deal. BTW, many pistol magazine sheaths will fit the LMWave and other multitools and will be less flashy. If you have any lying around the house, they are worth a try.

The original LMWave came in a semi-rigid nylon holster (I think made by Bianchi with their exclusive Accumold process) which fit like a glove and held it's shape without being too "stiff". This was discontinued in favor of a floppy "envelope" nylon holster :barf: . With the new tools, we have elastic sides like the sheaths from the juice line. I haven't tried the newer Wave sheath but I can't imagine elastic sides being better than the original semi-rigid sheath.

Yes they do.I used to carry mine in a PST pouch that also held a maglite.

Slightly off-topic...

Hmmm...my original Wave came with a light brown leather sheath. I guess that there were at least a couple of different packaging/pricing methods involved. My original Wave came packaged in a box, but I have seen a blister-packed version that included a nylon sheath.

BrownLeatherOldWaveSheath.jpg

GeoThorn

I bought my original wave in a blister pack with the same leather sheath. I'm looking for a black nylon one that will blend in better next to my black nylon cell phone holster in an office environment. I think I'll just end up ordering one from the Leatherman web site.

Thanks for all the replies!

I got mine direct from Leatherman, right fit. It has the standard ' Leatherman' in small red letters and a picture of an open tool under it. I dont know how more inconspicuous it can get.

Try a single .45 ACP magazine pouch from Bianchi or other holster manufacturer. Most of them are just plain black.

Back