ODA Carbon V

So a customer traded me a CV ODA today in exchange for some sharpening work... Yeah im really bummed about it too ;)

So heres some pictures, the knife was NIB, still had the factory grease on it, holy smokes!

This one has an overgrind near the tip, was hidden under the grease wonder if CS will warranty it :p

Pretty sweet knife. Never really like the looks of these in catalog but in hand it is very nice indeed, small enough i dont feel like a physco carrying it either.

Can anyone date and/or value this guy for me?

The ODA was made as an affordable version of the R1 Military Classic. First introduced in 2001 it had a satin finished blade of "420 sub zero quenched" stainless.
In just the 3 years 2004, 2005 and 2006 the ODA was offered in a Black Epoxy Powder coated Carbon V blade. Then in 2007 it switched to a Satin finished blade of
4116 Krupp stainless. Hasn't been made since 2008.

Can not help you with value as you require a gold membership or higher for that.

Last edited:
That is a nice blade, Sadden!

Love my R1 Military Classic, also sadly discontinued. Would regularly carry it if I could get away with doing so.

Thanks for the info. That would explain why I havent seen to many of these.

I think i still might have a couple of the Carbon V versions salted away somewhere and there was also a San Mai III version available in 2010-11. Very rare.

Back