Odd and unique shop tools

well karl im so new but i hate to say it but i guessed that only because all i could say is i love that knife wow look at the inlay wow the inlay so i knew right then it was something to clamp the knife for inlay . lmao now i have to make one. kellyw

Since this one will end today, I'll give a bigger hint (I really thought this would be quickly solved?).
It is for handles....sort of.
It rotates.
It involves twisting (but not wire).

Stacy

Since this one will end today, I'll give a bigger hint (I really thought this would be quickly solved?).
It is for handles....sort of.
It rotates.
It involves twisting (but not wire).

Stacy

Wrapping handles?

Cheers rody

For twisting together more than one strand of wire. You rotate the spool to collect up the multi-strand twisted wire as it is created, and this allows you to pull it off the spool as needed - sort of like line off of a fishing reel.
You can make up a bunch ahead of time this way.

Now I feel stupid - but I'll leave the previous post anyway.
I see that you said it does NOT involve wire.
I do sort of like the idea of a take-up spool for twisted wire, though.

Rody has it.

It is a tsukamake stand, You use it to do the wrap on Japanese handles.
The sword or knife is put through the tube and chocked in with a wedge. The bungee cords hold the tube with enough tension to prevent slipping, but will allow rotation by turning the large ring. The handle is wrapped on one side, rotated,wrapped on the other.....over and over. Clamps can be put on the wrap to hold it while your fingers take a rest.
It would work for paracord wraps and the JT wrap,too.

I'll post a photo of it in use tonight.

Stacy

Here is a photo of it with a sword in place.

Attachments

• IMGP0102.jpg
    IMGP0102.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP0105.jpg
    IMGP0105.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 74
I think that at this very minute perhaps Rody is running around his shop trying to cobble some sort of "tool" together that is impossible to guess at. Hopefully he guesses what it can be used for before we do!

Rody,

A stick of chewing gum, a paper clip and a piece of PVC pipe. GO! :D

Rody,

A stick of chewing gum, a paper clip and a piece of PVC pipe. GO! :D

Is my last name McGyver? ;-) The batteries in my camera were dead so they're recharging as we speak (hate to use my phonecam). I'll see if I can shoot something tomorrow morning and then find somewhere to host it. Can you bear the suspense? ;-)

Cheers ROdy

to help rody out till he gets his up.
everyone knows this. This is just to keep it going.

vern

MVC-003F.jpg

Back