Odd old timer Sharpfinger

I recently picked up an old timer sharp finger with a round logo in the handle. Blade stamped old timer USA on one side and 152ot 1095hc on the other. I found it at Bear and Son Cutlery while touring the plant. I can’t figure out how to upload a picture to this forum or I would. Does anyone have any information about a knife like this? I have never seen an old timer sharpfinger with the round logo insert on the handle. The workers I spoke with said it was pre 2009 as they have been working there that long and it was made before they worked there. They found a couple in a box with old knives that they manufactured. Any information is appreciated!

You might try posting in traditional forum as well. The knife meets forum rules for a traditional. The porch has a lot of great people with a lot of knowledge and they offer it willingly. Photos do help.
There are several threads on posting photos on the site

I recently picked up an old timer sharp finger with a round logo in the handle. Blade stamped old timer USA on one side and 152ot 1095hc on the other. I found it at Bear and Son Cutlery while touring the plant. I can’t figure out how to upload a picture to this forum or I would. Does anyone have any information about a knife like this? I have never seen an old timer sharpfinger with the round logo insert on the handle. The workers I spoke with said it was pre 2009 as they have been working there that long and it was made before they worked there. They found a couple in a box with old knives that they manufactured. Any information is appreciated!
Hi Mill50! It should come as no surprise that we can't identify a knife we haven't seen. Post some clear photos and we'll be glad to help you!

Bear & Son/MGC does make their own version of the Schrade Sharpfinger and more recently made one for the newest trademark owners for their "Generational" line of knives. To my knowledge they never made any for Imperial Schrade before their 2004 closure, But it is entirely possible that Bear acquired examples of Imperial Schrade knives in preparation for producing their own or special order versions. These then might be the result of cleaning out the sample room bins.

Show us? Is this it?

Generational USA Sharpfinger 152OTG 12.jpg

Last edited:
Taylor Brands LLC bought the Schrade names and designs in 2004 when the factory in Ellenville, NY closed and was auctioned. They moved production to China until they sold it to the current owner in 2017. The current owner continued to have their knives made in China but ordered a line of knives to be made in limited quantities here dubbed the "Generational" line. Evidently a marketing experiment which, to my knowledge, has since been discontinued.

Bear & Son produced that line briefly for the new owner of the Schrade IP, Smith & Wesson via their affiliate company American Outdoor Products. If current employees don't recognize these, and these are what you found, it could be they are under a confidentiality agreement with S&W or it was a short sprint run which few employees participated in.

Back