Off Topic: Isabel Photos

Mark Williams

Here is a photo of my neighbors bronco. This and one more transformer is still on the ground on my street. Rumor has it that we are due to get power back this afternoon. I hope so as the natives are getting restless and my trigger finger's gettin itchy.

Mark
dscf0040.jpg

You can see more photos here.
Isabel photos

I've seen that scene everywhere Mark. I have to get two trees off of neighbors houses because the roofs is broken and tree service people are booked for weeks. To make matters worse, tornados came through last night and power is off again.

And if all that wasn't bad enough, the keystone cops have come out of hiding and are directing traffic....what a mess!

Yee Haaa,

My wife just called and said that the power trucks have set up shop in front of my house.

My neighbor got home at about 3 a.m. from the emergency room. he brought home a generator from his work. He was shutting his windows and decided one needed a little thump to close. Cut the top of his knuckle down to the bone.You could see the knuckle, cartilage, fat tendons and all down in there. Didn't even bleed.
He couldn't pull his finger upward and the idiots just slapped 4 stitches on it and sent him home. Poor bastard just broke his toe walking from my house to his. Oh well that's the price you pay for staying drunk for 5 days straight:D

Mark

License plate pretty well describes that picture. Bet he wishes he would have parked 2 spaces over. You just don't fool with mother nature, we seen her fury here in missouri this spring.

Glad your alright Mark,

Bill

Holey Moley! I am very sorry to see all that damage to you good folks! We moved back here to Iowa from Baytown, Texas in '84. I know first hand how those storms are! We lived about 200 yds. from the gulf water. Neighbors had a shrimp boat in our swimming pool that was still fenced in with a 4' fence. In the boat was a huge 'gator. It took them all day to capture the critter. I would have just shot it and been done with it, but someone called the city.

The tires look fine.... The longer I live in the Northwest the more I appreciate the weather here. I feel for you folks......

Mark, tell the guy with the truck that I'll give him $500.00 for it. Can we say ...convertable!:D

I have to admit that I was in another survival situation last night. The dish wend down and I almost missed Gunsmoke before I got it back up and aligned!

I guess all that vehicle is good for now is to serve as a place to vandalize steel from to make knives. Hmmmmmmmmmm,leaf springs, .......what else can we use?

Originally posted by John Andrews
Holey Moley! I am very sorry to see all that damage to you good folks! We moved back here to Iowa from Baytown, Texas in '84. I know first hand how those storms are! We lived about 200 yds. from the gulf water. Neighbors had a shrimp boat in our swimming pool that was still fenced in with a 4' fence. In the boat was a huge 'gator. It took them all day to capture the critter. I would have just shot it and been done with it, but someone called the city.

This thread is very peculiar to me, I work in Baytown at the refinery and I met and married my wife in Hampton, VA while I was in the Navy. She was an Air Force brat. I don't think her dad ever forgave her for marrying a squid! LOL!

John,
The area in Baytown known as Brownwood is now a nature preserve. For those folks that aren't familiar with it, Brownwood was a neighborhood right on the bay. It had flooded a few times during storms but in 1983 hurricane Alicia delt it the final blow and it is nothing but a marsh now.

Craig

Thats unbeleivable! Hope you get power back and things fixed up quick, without having to blast any looters ;)

What were you driving that could handle that water? Looks pretty deep.

Craig
That was 10 years after I landed in Norfolk
amphib base, it didn't take just a storm to change things,
man,, did a job and a half on it too..
I spent 3 years there.
I went back 15 years later and everything was changed
and I mean everything houses I knew friends lived in
motels, Mickey D's BK all was gone and everything went
industrialized I had to get on Little creak road
and find the direction I was going towards ocean view road
then I could get to where things use to be.

old RT's lounge was still there though :D

check out the web site I'm doing for the old ATF I was on.
if your interested at all.
http://www.knivesby.com/uss-shakori-atf162.html
I found a lot of my shipmates.

Dan,
You are bringing back some memories! I was in Holy Loch, Scotland in '76 and 77 on the tender over there and then took a transfer to the Richard E. Byrd (DDG23). That was a mistake, I didn't know how good I had it over there. Was there on that tin can at the D&S piers from '78 to '81. We were in the yards at Portsmouth,VA in late '80 to June '81 when I got out. I still love that area.

Craig

we were in Richmond yards in dry dock April 1976 that's when I shipped out
we caught afire in the tri-angle,
dead in the water for three days
before we could get towed in. man
I have some stories I could talk about in the Bermuda Tri-Angle.:eek:
you talking the yards in Portsmouth Maine or VA? :)

I was a squid on the USS Josephus Daniels CG-27. Stationed at Norfolk from 85-88.Lots of fond memories. That's how I ended up in this area. I'm still trying to get back home.

The vehicle Im driving is just my old reliable 88 f150 4wd with a 6" lift. Old girl is a tank. I've got a belt squeaking now since driving in the water that's about to drive me knutso.

Mark

Is the water letting up yet Mark? This morning, 6 days after the storm, I checked the swamp and it's still 4 feet over the road. I don't know if I should laugh or cry sometimes. For the 2end time in a week I watched someone in a SMV (soccer mom vehicle AKA a mini van) get washed down stream. It wouldn't be so bad except they just come back!:grumpy:

They are calling for rain again tomorrow.

Things look pretty much back to normal around my way other than the mountains of tree debris piled around everyones house. That rain yesterday was of no help to everyones problems im sure.
I've got two extension cords running to the house from my neighbors. Everybody sure has been pulling together. Other than the destruction its been enjoyable to socialize more with folks around the house. Everyone gets so wrapped up in their own little world.
I've still got some large cicular saw blades for you if you still want it peter.

Mark

Back