Off topic,optics planet?

Hail to all on the busse sub forum.
Me being me had to have a certain backpack so I ordered it from optics planet had perused their site on and off the last few years but never ordered anything short story ordered on the 28th of sept .
Then was contacted to be told one of the 3 items couldn't be sent to me a carhartt hat.
Some bull crap to do with European supplier l.i.g.a.f . Any who I told em forget the hat and just send the rest of my order .
Then get a reply they are awaiting items .so obviously I have been checking and the back pack and gloves were listed as in stock today in fact nearly sold out anyone use these jokers or have any experience with them as I am losing my lil bit of patience I have left ....
Also my missus ordered me a jacket off there before all this and she still hasn't received any info but they took the money

Yeah optics planet has great prices but you are subject to their supply chain and delayed deliveries. That’s just how they play. I haven’t had too many problems though and have placed many dozens of orders. Maybe one or two ended up like yours.

Dvor is their “outlet store.” They blow things out for OpticsPlanet. Delivery times are even crazier. Sometimes up to 3 months.

I have bought from them a couple times with no delays or issues.

It's been a little while since the last purchase though. I hope your issues are resolved in a timely fashion.

best

mqqn

I've dealt with them a few times over the last decade. They drop ship, not having things in stock even though they say they do. If it is an item you need in a timely fashion or at all, don't order from them.

Yea that’s the Optics Planet issues. They don’t track inventory in real time. Popular items can be months before they ship. BOTACH is the same way

I tend to avoid both unless I can’t find something elsewhere, but I normally can. I get optics through a friend for WAY better prices! And most other gear through either Big Tex Outdoors, Tactical Distributors, Midway, Extreme Outfitters, OP Tactical

FYI though.... not sure if u know, you can always talk to a rep and haggle. They will ALWAYS lower their online price. Sometimes up to 30%, but usually about 10%.

sometimes this ain’t cheaper than the cheapest out there. But about 50% of the time the discounted price cannot be beat by anyone online.

I’ve only bought a couple times, and it’s been awhile, but no issues I can recall.

As xyclolpx mentioned, they will do good on prices. My ex ordered a pair of binocs a couple years ago and the ones she ordered were out of stock (to a couple folks point). They offered her an upgraded pair at a very good discount and she told them she wanted them the same price as the first ones which was still cheaper than the discount and they said yes.

While I think that speaks to their customer service, it also shows what the mark up on optics is.

Winston

I've bought a few scopes from them. Only issue I ever had was a scope that didnt look anything like the one in the pic on their website. They quickly made it right.

I’ve ordered from them several times. I think the latest was just a couple months ago. Never had a problem with them.

ive ordered probably $15k+ in stuff from them....ive had to cancel more orders than orders than have been fulfilled.

they lie about their in stock status...a lot.

I wont be ordering from them anymore unless its something i can wait a month to have actually arrive.

ive ordered probably $15k+ in stuff from them....ive had to cancel more orders than orders than have been fulfilled.

they lie about their in stock status...a lot.

I wont be ordering from them anymore unless its something i can wait a month to have actually arrive.

That’s interesting. Not saying I don’t believe you. But their service would seem to be all over the map.
I ordered something from them last year, that they said was not in stock, but should ship with 14-21 days, IIRC. I was floored when I got the item within a week. Ten days at most. I literally got it before I needed it (which was why I was willing to wait).

That’s interesting. Not saying I don’t believe you. But their service would seem to be all over the map.
I ordered something from them last year, that they said was not in stock, but should ship with 14-21 days, IIRC. I was floored when I got the item within a week. Ten days at most. I literally got it before I needed it (which was why I was willing to wait).

theres currently a thread over on arfcom about optics planet and how people are taking 4-6 months to get stuff they ordered that was posted as "in stock"

Optics planet wont be getting any business from me anytime soon unless they completely fire the entire staff and replace them with some competent people.

My experience mirrors some already covered here - it's a crapshoot with Optics Planet and DVOR. I only order from them if it's something deeply discounted and I can wait for a long time for. I've had several orders cancelled on me due to supply issues, and yes, I don't trust their inventory status at all.

Really if you want anything optic related, Sport Optics is the way to go. They do good sales and if you call they can normally get you even better deals.
My buddy Ike with Big Tex Outdoors has good pricing too. And fast shipping

Interesting. I can't even get that company to come up with just the site name. Doing a search, if I click on a sub-page, it will come up, but if I try to find anything else from that page, I keep getting errors. On both Firefox and Chrome. Kinda clunky. Must be having an issue with their server today.

It has been a couple years, but I have ordered from them. Went well.

Back