Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Clip - Hollow Grind | Sheepsfoot - Full Flat Grind

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • Clip - Hollow Grind | Sheepsfoot - Hollow Grind

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are in Poll 4/8: Blade Grinds

Welcome to ROUND 2 of the polls for the 2018 Blade Forums Traditional Knife Build. So far you all have built a 2 Bladed Buck 301, Clip and Sheepsfoot on opposite ends of the knife. See photo below for example. Your blade steel is CPM-154 with a tang stamp and the bolsters are NICKEL SILVER.

If you are unfamiliar with what has happened thus far, please visits the links below to see what happened in Round 1 of voting.

Resized_20180514_103004_2339.jpeg

Here we begin Round 2.

Once the final knife is chosen, we'll get into logistics for pre-orders, shipping, etc.

Be sure to keep the groupings in mind as you vote. The groupings are set up to build on each other each round, and should not conflict with each other. What I mean is that options can be chosen simultaneously within a grouping and then set the foundation for the next grouping. Obviously, you want to know the bolster material before you choose scales/handles, but choosing the steel and the bolster material at the same time will not change the look of the knife, and can therefore be grouped.

PLEASE be sure to read the poll choices carefully as each choice can be packed with many options. You'll notice that especially in Poll 5/8.

I'm going to run 8 total polls grouped into 3 separate rounds each running from Tuesday to Monday for the next 3 weeks:

Round 1 (week 1):

Poll 1/8: 2 Blades vs 3 Blades 301 - LINK HERE
Poll 2/8: Blade Steel LINK HERE
Poll 3/8: Bolsters LINK HERE

Round 2 (week 2):

Poll 4/8: Blade Grinds
Poll 5/8: Handle Materials
- LINK HERE
Poll 6/8: Long Pull vs Nail Nick - LINK HERE

Round 3 (week 3):

Poll 7/8: Stamp
Poll 8/8: Medallion & Pins
THE FINAL SAY Poll 9/8: Final choice of specific handle material

* I think it's fair to ask that if you have no interest in ordering a knife, please do not vote, but please do participate in the discussions!

Last edited:
Excited to be a part of my first Bladeforums knife build. Thank you in advance to all involved. Voted

Full flat all around!I re ground my Buck 301 to FFG and it completely changed the knife for me!

One of the nice things about the traditional sub-forum...most of the people here understand the physics behind separating material with a wedge;).

~Chip

Landslide! Might as well close up the poll now :D unless tactical voting for convex starts up;)

I’d be interested to hear the reasoning behind the votes to have one blade ground differently from the other. All the comments so far are for FFG...(or so it appears that way)

I’d be interested to hear the reasoning behind the votes to have one blade ground differently from the other. All the comments so far are for FFG...(or so it appears that way)
Well you could have one blade be easier to refinish and a bit more stable with FFG and the other one even nicer for shallow cuts with a hollowgrind. IMO would be very nice with FFG Clip and hollow sheepsfoot but since I don't think Buck will do a full hollow I still voted Double FFG

Back