Official Pen Knife Review Thread

Two of the HI forumites/cantina members would be in Singapore at the same time! Almost inevitable, when you think about it.

(OK, maybe, astonishing is more accurate. With the factors of the internet, global travel, the Himalayan Import interest diaspora, and good fortunes of timing, interest and opportunity...the chance factor must be beyond calculation.)

An astonished man once said:

"Two of the HI forumites/cantina members would be in Singapore at the same time! Almost inevitable, when you think about it.

(OK, maybe, astonishing is more accurate."

Two plus the sacred pen-khuk. It was written!

Sorry forgot to mention that Singapore is one of the few places left with an active Gurkha contigent (with khuks - see 'um everyday in guarding the American Club) which as we type is deployed guarding key targets from Al-Queda bombs (two bomb plots were uncovered post 9/11).

Next episode - how Stonehenge was actually built by Pen's ancestors to record when the messiah Pen will return to earth to give humanity the mystic pen-Khuks that will destroy the alien conspiracy which has secretly been controlling us all (sort of Matrix meets The Final Conflict.

Sorry one more . . .

As a messiah once said:

"***NOTE:***
This Thread is Reserved for the Posting of Reviews of the Himalayan Imports Ltd. Ed. Pen Knife***"

Are we going off topic?
:p

I wanted to post and notify that the Pen knife reached the Post Office at 330PM right after work. Priority Mail, Insured. Should reach Bob Kenny before Christmas.:D
Dan, I appreciate your giving us all a chance to play with your baby!:cool: :D It was fun. I like it's design and light weighted balance. I even took Sarges advice and tried it in the kitchen. It works great for the heavier chores like working over a squash and that sort of thing. I find it would take me some adapting and more time using it for the smaller kitchen duties. Paring knife is still king there at our house I guess. Once again Dan THANKS!! Take Care All and have a great and safe holiday season!!

Hey Sarge,

Originally posted by Sylvrfalcn
Hibuke,

It was not my intention to insult your intelligence. I was just trying to make a point that a heavy blade doesn't have to be real sharp for chopping, but no blade will slice well if it's not sharp enough. My Pen Knife slices very well, everything from thin skinned vegetables to harness grade leather, so I figured yours just needs a bit of touch up work on the edge to work like it ought to on those green coconuts.

Regarding "coconut milk", I stand humbly corrected. I used to pick 'em and drink the water in 'em all the time down in south Florida. Learned the hard way once about drinking too much. :(

Sarge

Sorry if I sounded insulted. I was just commenting on the fact that I knew enough 'bout momentum and such... I'll definately need to sharpen up Tsume No-Suzaku (my precious :D) before we get more 'nuts in... :D:D:D

Interesting thing 'bout u drinking too much coconut water. Exactly how many did you drink? :eek::D:eek:

Hey there,

Originally posted by The Big Kahuna
Hibuke-san

If you are in Singapore now (with the penkhuk!) so am I until the 27th of December. If you would like to borrow some sharpening stuff, I have a leather strop on wood with 600 grit sandpaper velcroed on the other side (just like what the FAQ said to make a convex edge - ain't I a good little bookworm?) and a tube of Flitz to strop with. No stones I'm afraid.

Let me know if you want to try some hand sharpening while you are here.

Wayne

Sure! What're u doin' here? PM or email me...

Originally posted by Hibuke

*THE LIQUID INSIDE COCONUTS IS NOT MILK! NEVER WAS, NEVER WILL BE!!!*

Thank you for listening, rant over...

Of course it isn't. Everyone knows that coconut milk is the stuff that comes from a can marked "Chaokoh".

S.

Okie, that may be a bit OT...

Originally posted by spence
Of course it isn't. Everyone knows that coconut milk is the stuff that comes from a can marked "Chaokoh".

S.

But, great for a lil' very early morning chuckle...

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Did you ever see a thread that didn't wander like the Mississippi?

Yep, but most of those tend to... :yawn: get kinda slow...

I got the Pen knife yesterday. I did not get to do anything more than look at it. It looks like it is brand new. Like it has never been used at all. The fit and finish is great. I particularly like how the endcap is fitted to the handle, very clean. I have a few days off after Christmas so I am going to give it a workout then and let you all know what I think. First impression is that is a great little knife, in the utility vein.

I am glad that it made it to you before Christmas. I am always worried when shipping out things to others at the Christmas time. Items get lost a lot in the seasonal rush. You will have fun with the Pen knife. I did.:cool: :D It reminded me that all knives do not need to be HUGE to perform big. Take Care, and have a safe and fun holiday!:D

It is a great knife all in all. I am going to have to say that it is a great utility knife, but does not really excel at any one thing. It is more of a jack of all trades. It is a bit small for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I would reach for something else first. It just does not "fit" me well. I did not skin anything with it and it looks like it would really do that well. It will go out to Keith on Monday.

Back