Official SURVIVOR! list and sign up thread

iRHKEwX.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1395141-New-4-7-vs-5-1-vs-old-4-1-**Pic-Heavy**

Hi Silver Needle. I'm up to 63 posts and trying contribute as much as possible. This is, hands down, the best little community on BF. I'd be honored to become an official Survivor!
Can I fill in the gap in the list and take #24?

Much thanks to everyone here for the warm welcomes and especially to Guy/Ellie for making such a great product!

Neil

The 6 is the most under rated GSO. It was my first GSO and I knew it would do well as a big blade, doing big blade jobs, but I was really surprised at how well it performed doing small tasks. The new knife will be even better with the new handles and contouring. Glad to have you waiting with the rest of us!

iRHKEwX.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1395141-New-4-7-vs-5-1-vs-old-4-1-**Pic-Heavy**

Hi Silver Needle. I'm up to 63 posts and trying contribute as much as possible. This is, hands down, the best little community on BF. I'd be honored to become an official Survivor!
Can I fill in the gap in the list and take #24?

Much thanks to everyone here for the warm welcomes and especially to Guy/Ellie for making such a great product!

Neil

You got #24! Great looking family, especially that 4.7!

Are you the original owner of that 4.1?

Thank you very much Silver. I'm honored to be an official Survivor!

I am not the original owner of that 4.1. A very gracious fellow Texan agreed to sell it to me a few months back. It has been a workhorse and is still scary sharp.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Silver. I'm honored to be an official Survivor!

I am not the original owner of that 4.1. A very gracious fellow Texan agreed to sell it to me a few months back. It has been a workhorse and is still scary sharp.

Love through new sig line!

That 4.1 seemed well loved and used and sharpened, so that made me curious.

Love through new sig line!

That 4.1 seemed well loved and used and sharpened, so that made me curious.

When it first arrived, it was moderately sharp. So I sent it to the man himself and had Guy resharpen and put the ferro notch in it. I've used it to cut up countless cardboard boxes, trim small branches/saplings and make feathersticks. It's still as sharp as the day I got it back from Guy. I've been really impressed with the m390. Haven't had a chance to put the new 20CV through its paces, but I expect similar results.
That new finish is so pretty though......almost hate to break it in! ha ha

When it first arrived, it was moderately sharp. So I sent it to the man himself and had Guy resharpen and put the ferro notch in it. I've used it to cut up countless cardboard boxes, trim small branches/saplings and make feathersticks. It's still as sharp as the day I got it back from Guy. I've been really impressed with the m390. Haven't had a chance to put the new 20CV through its paces, but I expect similar results.
That new finish is so pretty though......almost hate to break it in! ha ha

Glad that m390 is working so well.

The old finish is really hard to mark up. Mine gets dirty, but once I wash it, it looks brand new again except for a few kydex wear marks. I bet a ferro rod would make it look like it's been used.

Last edited by neil944; Today at 09:44 AM. Reason: Add Survivor signature!

That's got to be the best reason for an edit that I've seen :D Nicely done #24! Really cool you've got one of the M390 blades.

I think we should add to the bylaws here (I'm sipping some single malt, so whatever I say should be considered in that context...) - if someone asks for a specific number, they should have to say Ssscpeciiifically why they want the number.

I became a member of BF just for the Survive! forum back in December. Well over 100 posts here and at least 4 threads started along the way.
Pictures 870 and 871 on the permanent picture thread show some of mine but not very computer savvy so the link requirement is a bit above my pay grade.
Figured today was the day and this was a good way of showing support for S/K! culture, Guy and Ellie.
If it's ok #77 would be my choice, it's a Ruger thing-

Back