Oh dear lawd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Judging by everything I've been reading here and on RC's site, I can tell already where a big chunk of my money is going next year. The only good news is that since RC has a no questions warranty, I'll only have to buy one of everything. Then I'll just be paying for shipping regularly. hahaha.

Looking forward to giving you my money,
Dylan

Hey, we even pay for shipping if you screw it up.

SWEET! You guys are by far the best with customer service I have seen. That is by far the biggest thing taken into consideration when I decide who to buy from. I can wait to use the hell out of your knives.

Here's the deal on our warranty: Sure, someone could buy a RAT Cutlery product, abuse the hell out of it, or simply want a new one and break their old one. So, I'm sure we will get taken by a few dishonest folks in the industry. No big deal. The industry is mostly made up of honest people and we feel that supporting the honest folks and taking a hit every so often from the bad guys is the way to do business. It's just our philosophy on anything we do. I'm sick and tired of the good folks in this world getting costs added to them because of sorry folks, or having to pick up the slack for the worthless folks of the world.

Who knows, this philosophy may not work in the long run and we put ourselves out of business due to giving away too many free knives, but I don't think it will be that way. Mike and I will never make any claim that our knives are the best at anything - they will break if you abuse them hard enough - but we challenge anyone to match our customer service (and we hope that all the rest of the companies eventually do take us up on this challenge). We also challenge all these production makers to get away from the Chinese imports and start making their knives in the good 'ol USA - even if the price is higher.

I don't know, man, the smaller outfits with excellent customer service such as the Busse family and Himalayan Imports (only ones I'm personally familiar with their service, I'm sure there's others) seem to be doing quite well. I think with your philosophy and excellent products, you'll do very well indeed.

Your stuff isn't cheap, but isn't expensive either. With a good product at an affordable price, I see no reason to bother with the outfits that source out of the country.

I think the biggest problem is when a small(ish) maker gets too big too fast and takes on investors who demand to use the "modern production/markating paradigm" -- I.E. outsource to other countries for very low cost (and low quality) product that they can sell for the same or higher cost to their customers. I am of course not speaking against foreign manufacturers who sell their stuff here.

That's the way to do it. If I can ever get my designs from paper to steel, be it with another company or on my own, that's the way I want to do business.

Because of your customer service, you will have me as a customer. Plus your knives are excellent!!!!:)

I've had nothing but the greatest experiences regarding customer service from Jeff and Mike. My questions have always been answered promptly, and Mike has gone out of his way to help me out with little things (such as replacing handle screws) and treated it as an important issue. I've had less luck w/ some of the other makers who are "known" for their customer service. I'd stick with RAT for the quality of their products alone - having two guys running the whole outfit that put customer service at the top of their list of importance is just a huge bonus!

american made+great customer service= more money spent. great equation!!!!
Can't wait to spend some money on some rats.

You've got me sold on your stuff from Ontario and seeing you guys form your own company was pure gold. Now, I'm just greedily rubbing my hands for those 7"+ blades to come out of the gates :D

LOL, I got hooked with an Ontario RAT-7 also. I've been (not so) patiently waiting for the RC-6 to come out. I'm one opf those guys that when he finds something he likes, he buys multiples (because "they" always discontinue it. It's like "Oh $#!^, Cpl Punishment likes it, we have to discontinue the line."). I fell in love with the RAT and now I want one for every bag setup I have, plus at least one extra. That plus an RC-3 (maybe RC-4, I change my mind every time I think about it).

I just hope I get a good Christmas bonus and tax return this year, it seems both are already spent on products I'm still waiting on. . . :D

R.A.T.,

I've only just gotten in to knives, and I've been researching and researching to find what would fit my best. I've just recently purchased my next folder, and now I'm looking forward to my next fixed blade. I'd like you to know that while I am impressed by what I've seen and heard of your work, your customer service has all but insured that I will be buying from you. Large corporations have forgotten that we are the grease that keeps their wheels running. As long as I can afford it, I will ALWAYS go with customer service oriented companies. Now to try and scrounge up another knife's-worth of cash so I can order a RAT3 or RC3...

J

The industry is mostly made up of honest people and we feel that supporting the honest folks and taking a hit every so often from the bad guys is the way to do business. It's just our philosophy on anything we do. I'm sick and tired of the good folks in this world getting costs added to them because of sorry folks, or having to pick up the slack for the worthless folks of the world.

Doing the right thing may not be the easiest path to take, however the person who does the right thing gets a good nights rest. I'm not a philosopher however I have found that there is a balance in the universe; always do what is right and the rest will take care of itself. I'm thinking the person who abuses a knife and gets a freebie will have the same luck as a person who steals a knife. I was told once, when I was young "its not worth stealing anything cause it will never work right and you'll end up getting hurt with it or it will cost you more money than if you payed for it." I'd have to say I saw that hold true with many people I have been around.
I keep looking for the guy with a missing finger at the Harrisburg Gun and Knife Show. When I see him I'll see if he wants to pay for a couple of knives that he swiped from me.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

I will always be a customer due to your quality product and outstanding customer service. You guys make great products and charge a fair price. I've purchased 2 different survival kits, a Fire Kit, on top of a couple of knives, and the quality runs through all your products. You definitly get what you pay for with Rat Cutlery products!

I've never abused my equipment and don't anticipate ever having to use my unlimited warranty.

Just the peace of mind, knowing that I probably won't have to use it is what sold me on RAT.

A junk knife with an unlimited warranty does me no good when my blade breaks in the middle of the woods. RAT's reputation of being tough as nails is what give me that warm fuzzy feeling at night :)

Last edited:
Whoa, what voodoo priest brought this thread back from the dead? lol This was from 2 years ago.

Funny how were looking at the same situation again... Rc10, rat pack, forum knife, and well shit I haven't bought an izula is almost a month now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back