OH my God ... YOU DID WHAT with your sebenza?

A real good friend of mine is definately a user! I have watched him cut wire, bands of packing ribbon,cardboard etc but he tells me today he's been cutting sodd to shape while landscaing lately
rolleyes.gif
He needed some catagory five wire I had and why wait for side cuts....out comes the sebenza and zip. I have been using my sebenza since last fall but he is definately not holding back, Now we have touched up the edge a couple of times but it is fine. I really can not believe how well they hold up to abuse, I mean cutting dirt and rock? I am not that brave!!!! Oh the horror of it all....

------------------
If You Abide in Him then,"All His Promises are YES and AMEN"

And now you know how fine a tool Chris has developed.
smile.gif

------------------
Ida-Al

One of the first posts I read here that lead me to Sebenza Ownership was from a dedicated carrier who remarked that he used his frequently when working in the yard. It wasn't quite cutting sod, but he did use it to loosen weeds and the like.

I figured if someone liked the knife enough to use it in that way after paying that much for it, then it was worth a looksee...

Now I'm hooked...oops that's another thread...

wink.gif

Brandon

I think the abuse award aught to go to Hoodoo. He cuts up STARFISH for gawds sake
eek.gif
. Whats scary is it takes this! I can't think of many other folders that could take this and still work and work well!

What a product.

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Hello,

I have opened A LOT of Oysters and scrap seashells from their rocks and the stonewash finish is a perfect coating against scratches !

cheers,

JM

Don't mention Cat 5 cable! Oh, the flashbacks have started again. I had only had my Sebenza for a couple weeks and spent a day terminating Cat 5 in the office, maybe 20 terminations in all. Later that night I examined the edge and found many very small chips along the edge
frown.gif
These were very slight and were removed after some time with the Sharpmaker. I think that the problem was with the very fine edge on a new Sebenza. I think the edge is a little heavier after using the Sharpmaker and have not seen anything of this nature since. Now, no more mention of Cat 5 in this Forum, OK
biggrin.gif

Back