Ohio's knife laws are currently insane

Actually, that’s incorrect. Autos, OTFs, gravity knives and balisongs can all be legally owned in Ohio, you just can’t carry them concealed. Autos are illegal to commercially sell and manufacture though. I think balisongs can be sold and manufactured, but carrying them concealed is a no go. The measures currently sitting in the legislature aim to repeal those restrictions on sale and concealed carry.

In my jurisdiction, mere possession is still illegal. No carry outside home needed for that charge.

Our law has a catch all for "any object apparently capable of causing serious bodily harm" to the mix of things you can't carry "comcealed".

It really opens people up to a charge when nothing else tbey were doing was wrong.

A convenient "catch all"

They make vague laws on purpose, so that their leftist officers have the option to harass and jail conservative people if they wish. My 2 cents...
I don't know what planet you're living on, but this has been and continues to be a law used primarily against black people. See the original case that brought it to bear - they only managed to argue it because the defendant was black. Also there's not a lot of "leftist" officers in this state.

I don't know what planet you're living on, but this has been and continues to be a law used primarily against black people. See the original case that brought it to bear - they only managed to argue it because the defendant was black. Also there's not a lot of "leftist" officers in this state.

I don't live in Ohio so I can't say that you are wrong. The planet that I live on, is reality. I have worked with black people that moved to Texas from Chicago and other places that were puzzled by how racism was not the problem here as they had always heard. Are there some racists here? Sure there are. But it isn't as prevalent as many think it is.
The law should be blind to race and politics. But when lawmakers write vague laws, it opens the door to prejudice. The country is about split between democraps and republicant's. So I would bet that Ohio has about as many leftist cops as any other state.
It seems to me that the biggest problem with racism is people trying to make everything about race - when it's not.

Reactions: DMG
I don't live in Ohio so I can't say that you are wrong. The planet that I live on, is reality. I have worked with black people that moved to Texas from Chicago and other places that were puzzled by how racism was not the problem here as they had always heard. Are there some racists here? Sure there are. But it isn't as prevalent as many think it is.
The law should be blind to race and politics. But when lawmakers write vague laws, it opens the door to prejudice. The country is about split between democraps and republicant's. So I would bet that Ohio has about as many leftist cops as any other state.
It seems to me that the biggest problem with racism is people trying to make everything about race - when it's not.
Ah yeah, I was in Texas when a white supremecist shot 46 Latinos, killing half in an El Paso walmart. You might not have a problem with any black people down there, but it's obvious there's racism.

Ah yeah, I was in Texas when a white supremecist shot 46 Latinos, killing half in an El Paso walmart. You might not have a problem with any black people down there, but it's obvious there's racism.

Yep, there are some racists running around. I think that most of them are just psycho's that want to murder people. Some of the nuts choose a different race, or a church or whatever.

Reactions: DMG
Back