OK...So who went to Louisville ???

I went, and had a great time. Price structure was high on most older Case knives, but still there were deals. I was there Fri, Sat and Sun. As a customer not a dealer. This was my third trip to Louisville and the public seemed a little less, but dealer number about the same. I also saw a little custom activity, but didn't buy any, though a relatively new folder maker caught my eye. Tony Bose was walking the show.

I went Saturday. This was my first time at this show. Definatly not my last. I bought a real nice custom knife made by Marvin Poole. I was very impressed with his work.

I wondered if you went, I can't wait till the next show! That will be late June for me, can't make the Blade Show, but I'd like to, may try to go to Chicago in Sept.

Durwood, I went back and read some of your previous posts. I'm sure I talked to you at the show. I had that Warncliffe Blade by Daniel Ehrenberger. We talked awhile about his work on Saturday morning. That was you wasn't it? It's a small world.

That was me... Wow! I ended up, buying several vintage Case knives and a few German made knives for friends, gifts, etc. I really liked the custom folders by Cable Joe (Joe Allen) but he really didn't have any with handle materials that caught my eye. His blade grinds were outstanding and he's training under Tony Bose. I'm gonna watch for him in the future. Maybe I'll see you at another show soon, I'm sure I'll go to the next Mt Vernon show.

Back