OKC Ranger knives solid tang ?

I posted this question in the OKC forum and have yet to revieve a reply . So does anyone here know if the OKC RD Tanto has a solid tang, other than the screw holes ? I'm trying to determine if this knife has a solid tang or if it has some sort of metal cut outs under the scales. Thanks.

Thanks buddy that helps. I'm down hard with a cold and
I appreciate a kind gesture.

I'm quite certain my RD6 is the same thing. Solid. Mine is also several years old.

Have you heard rumors that they might be milled out or just curious?

I'm quite certain my RD6 is the same thing. Solid. Mine is also several years old.

Have you heard rumors that they might be milled out or just curious?

Just curious and totally ignorant. I don't even know how I stumbled across this knife, but I want one. I still get half hard over the Becker BK-2 that I sold off, good memories. But the cut outs and pictures of breakage turned me right off. I want rock solid sledge hammer tough. And from what I can see, with a solid tang, the RD Tanto checks off many boxes for me. Yes I can sink a boat with the steel I have, and I already have a couple of Izula 2's, ESEE 4 and 6 that I trust for bush stumbling. But I'm a blade junkie and I am currently obsessed with the RD. I packed a BK-2 for a summer and fall and put micarta on it, so I know what the weight will feel like and I can accept that, as I have many options to switch out if desired on any given time. My thinking is that I can leave one of my hatchets behind with the RD if so desired.

Back