OKC wish list

Micarta handle full tang sp10 in 5160!!!

This! The SP10 along with the SP5 are begging for a "true" full tang with a micarta or even a nice (but simple) wood handle/scales. The upgrade to 5160 would be welcome but I have no beef with Ontario's 1075 either. A nice leather sheath would be swell too, though that would also jack up the price I'm sure.

I would like to see a chopper made by Ontario out of s7 steel. It won’t rust as fast as 5160, and is probably a lot tougher.

I think the SP series should offer more models with the SP5 type handle. That top guard bugs a lot of people. Seems like it would be very easy to do and it might do a lot to broaden the appeal of the series. Some different color options might do the same as well.

Restart production of the sp51.

YES! And a full tang micarta handled one!

At least they only "soft sunset" stuff so they can bring them back. Like the SP-5, which I can see it being useful in other areas of the country, for my area its pretty light. But I love how they make it with the "dull" swedge so I can carry mine now if I just want a light carry chopper/beaterblade. I got stopped a few times by "Officials" who "knew!" the SP-5 was a "DAGGER!". They called their "Stupidvisors" for "Action!" who when they came they saw me batoning a log (cut with a saw, ALWAYS bring a saw with EXTRA Saw blades!) with it and saw it didn't have a swedge. And I think a few people got write ups after that. The SP-5 does have some great usability I have to admit to say.

YES! And a full tang micarta handled one!

At least they only "soft sunset" stuff so they can bring them back. Like the SP-5, which I can see it being useful in other areas of the country, for my area its pretty light. But I love how they make it with the "dull" swedge so I can carry mine now if I just want a light carry chopper/beaterblade. I got stopped a few times by "Officials" who "knew!" the SP-5 was a "DAGGER!". They called their "Stupidvisors" for "Action!" who when they came they saw me batoning a log (cut with a saw, ALWAYS bring a saw with EXTRA Saw blades!) with it and saw it didn't have a swedge. And I think a few people got write ups after that. The SP-5 does have some great usability I have to admit to say.

I haven’t tried the sp5 yet, even though its price hovers around $33. I have a similar blade to the sp51 with full tang(a busse mmd in s7)and it is heavy enough to carry only across the back for long trips. It seems Ontario is sunsetting the sp53–I’ve seen it listed as clearance on Larry’s site, yet the sp50 is almost twice the price. I hadn’t thought that Ontario could restart production so quickly—I don’t know if it’s just random or clever marketing

I wish for a left hand version of the Dozier Arrow. Or better yet make it a lock back and amibidextrous. Seriously, do right handed people ONLY use their right hand? Is there never a reason to open their knife with the off-side? Rant over, please ignore.

12” blade bowie, similar to CS’s frontier bowie but made from 5160. 3/16” thick, micarta handles.

"Nessmuk" fixed blade with 1095 or 5160 blade steel, full flat grind, and a pouch type leather sheath in the Old Hickory line?

Back