Old Kabar Folders

Lately I find myself bitten by the traditional knife bug. Recently I found a pair of old pocketknives in the house, an Imperial demo knife and a Camillus TL-29 electrician's knife, that I've restored and have begun carrying. The Imperial I know without a doubt belonged to my dad, and the Camillus was either his or his father's, both of whom have passed away some years ago. These knives are something special.

With my newly-revived interest in traditional knives (I've always had a few Case knives, but they got swallowed up by the modern tacticals) and my love of Kabar, I've noticed a lot of really cool old patterns and styles online that I've not seen before. Do any of you guys have some older Kabar traditionals, or some of the newer Dogshead knives? I'd really like to see them and learn about them. This year I plan on picking up a few myself.

Any help'd be appreciated. I'm going to ask the Traditionals forum guys, too. Thanks. :)

Here are the new ones with american chestnut handle's and Ram's horn, thanks for your comment on the top post glad you like

KabarCKandNewDogs039-1.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs028.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs029.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs036.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs032.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs030.jpg

Thanks, nutoknives. I knew you'd have some good shots. :D That chestnut and ram's horn is pretty. Lots of figure and translucence.

Very nice, BRL. How'd I miss that thread?! Anyway, how'd it sharpen up? Have you carried it at all?

No answers yet. Still need to put together a care package of dull knives for Richard J and get er sent off.

The 1148 is biggish, like most of those are, so it's not likely that it'll push my Conductor/Shard combo out of my pocket much. But the one I got is damn cool looking so I'll definitely be using it occasionally. Looking forward to it.

I haven't gotten my TL-29 quite right yet, so I haven't been carrying it, but I don't mind having it in my front pocket. I'm used to fairly heavy knives. Compared to my other slipjoints, it feels burly and solid.

Anything larger than a mini trapper is back pocket sized for me.
Still, the TL-29 is one of the most useful traditional patterns there is, worth carrying.

Back