Old Logo CQC 6

Hey jbravo- your right! An old, dressed-out Emerson CQC-6 is really a choice blade. The rare 6's as described by Tamishigiri are the cat's ass. The detents and mill work enhance indexing and purchase of the weapon. The true chisel grind is also a cool feature. Whether it cuts better? Well, let me just say that I hav'nt done any cutting with my Emerson customs so I'll simply take it at face value.
Many will say that there is no diference in quality between the Crescent logo Emersons and the Specwar logo Emersons. After all its just a logo right? Hey, I am no expert but I think that the old stuff is better. The examples I have seen just seem more "custom".
There is one right side chisel grind CQC-6. It is a crescent logo Emerson with the detents, mill work, satin blade, bead blast bolster, black clip and green micarta scales.
Good luck jbravo.

------------------
Never argue with a man that wears a size 5 hat.

Well, you don't have to tell me about that 6 with the right hand grind, etc., because I owned it and sold it. Which makes me a lot more foolish than the guys who talked about knives they saw and passed on. I didn't know it was the only one like it, particularly since there are a couple of lefty 6s around. So, yeah, I think you can say I may regret some of my trades...

As far as the logo issue goes, I think the SpecWar logo knives made in '96 and '97 are just as good as any of the earlier ones. The grinds are the same, and the fit and finish match up pretty well too. The newer than that 6s have a different grind geometry - reminds me of the EKC SpecWar blades. I don't profess to know which is a more effective design, but I know my personal tastes run to the older models. Sounds like you may have one - interested in a trade? Anyone else out there? Hellooo...

jbravo--

I have a CQC6 from '96 with the Specwar logo. Are the current models different? I saw a small pic of one, and wasn't impressed with what I saw. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I much prefer the satin finish, slotted screw construction and single-bevel edge of mine. The old ones must be even better!

Ryan

jbravo- The only CQC-6 that I own is the right side grind that I described. I showed it to Emerson at the NY show. He was really surprised and examined it closely. He said that it had to be very old and was the only one of its kind. If I had another I would sell it to you. Good luck.

------------------
Never argue with a man that wears a size 5 hat.

Back