Old looking shears from grandpa

hey guys and girls.This is my first post on this forum,well my grandpa passed away last year and we found these old Looking shears in a old ammo box.Im just not sure what there meant for because they have a couple of extensions on the handle.The brand says Essex made in USA and he was a welder,I tried google Images big could not come up with anything!If anybody has seen these or know what they are used for please let me know.Im dying of curiosity

OXYQDtXmMA4

Those sorts pf extra bits are generally to help you hold the shears without having to use as much grip, I would not be surprised if they were wool shears or some form of pruning shears. The thing I know about welders is that the do end up with odd tools, so that isn't going to be a huge help. Hopefully someone else has run across scissors like this before. Its a bit hard to tell in the video, are the blades centered to the handles or are they offset?

There centered.Yea when I googled the Essex name it came up with a bunch of welding supplies and some dirty links lol but it was no help.

Back