Photos Old/New 730

As I stated before I’m relatively new to the black hole of knives. Always had a few
but never understanding what makes a knife 50 bucks vs 500. This winter I’ve had a break from my other hobby (sporting clays) while having a gun worked on, so I started learning. I want to share this knife as it has an interesting (at least to me) story. In January of this year I was browsing ebay and came across a listing for a benchmade 730 Elishewitz. It was a listing from a pawnshop that was close to me. They were not getting any bids due to the knife was in bad shape. I stopped in and took a look. I’ve wanted an axis lock knife at the time and I liked the color of the scales and the full metal liners. I didn’t like the overwhelming rust and the fact the knife was so gummed up with crap it would barely open and the clip was gone. I figured I’d make an offer and try to clean it up and use it as a beater. I bought it for a fraction of the ebay asking price and took it home. I got the action working after a cleaning but there were a lot of blade issues. I called Benchmade for advice. I told them how I got it and the current issues. They recommended the cleaning and sharpening service (at the time I knew nothing about the warranty). After having it for a while I was contacted and told the rust on the blade was unfixable. All other issues were covered by the warranty. I was given the option of having it sent “as is” or replacing the blade for 30 bucks. Not being a collector I jumped on the blade replacement.
I recently got it back and its great. The rust is gone, action and Detent are excellent, they added a deep carry clip, and while the blade does not say Elishewitz like before it has M390 steel (154cm before). I never thought to take any before pictures but was able to find the old listing from ebay so the picts of before really don’t show how bad it was. I’m very happy with the results and this will be a nice addition to the 5 other Benchmades I bought while waiting for this one to come back.(not to mention the other brands I bought.). Sorry for the long-winded post.
Ken
old1.jpg old 2.jpg new1.jpeg new2.jpeg new3.jpeg new4.jpeg

Wow! That's awesome! 154cm to M390 is quite the upgrade, and you won't need to worry about that new blade rusting! Benchmade's customer service is awesome, and one of the main reasons I keep buying their knives.

How cool is that! Too bad they would not ship the old blade back, if that were even an option. Great score!!

Black hole! LOL! You got that right!! o_O

Wow, congrats on getting the amazing upgrade on your Ares.
Those who know me know that I'm a huge Ares fanatic. I love to see folks new to this hobby that are still attracted to this classic design.

Got one of those. It was my exclusive carry blade for a long time. Still have it. Put away. I also managed to snag one in green/black G10. Love them both.

Thanks for all the kind replies. It really is too bad this model is not available anymore. It's a seriously robust knife, it 's sort of like my Bugout but after a round of steroids.lol

Back