Old Randall

My uncle passed this knife to my dad with instructions that it is mine when he passes.... Two months ago my dad passed. I got this randall. I know H. Sorensen was the guy that gave it to my uncle years and years ago. What can you tell me about my Randall? I think it should be made in the 50s or before. What is it worth?
IMG_0895_1.jpg

IMG_0896_2.jpg

IMG_0897_2.jpg

Sorry, you can't ask for values without a gold membership or higher but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who will be able to date it for you.

~Chip

Sorry... I missed that... OK don't tell me the value... tell me approximate year and model number.... by the way... I rather have my dad then the knife...
Aaron

OK Thanks,

The back of the sheath says 3-6, which i searched and found many examples like it. So it is a model 3 - 6 inch. I found knives that look like it dated 1940s, So that would make sense time line wise. I guessed it was 50s and it may be.
Aaron

OK, the 40s era knives seem to have pinned handles but not so for the late 50s and very early 60s... plus the sheath matches the late 50s up to about 1961. So i guess the knife is from '55-'61.

Back of the sheath showing the stamp and stone type will help narrow it down. As to value, not as much as you'd probably like to hear; it's a common variant with few options and not in the best shape. More an heirloom than anything. Keep it, enjoy it, and remember the memories.

Back