Old Rescue ATS55

Just scored an old Rescue on the exchange. It has 198V on the blade, not familiar with what that is. I'm sure someone here does.

Thanks, that's what I thought but wasn't sure. I have a large Spyderco collection and have generally refrained from buying the "branded" collector club blades. Could not resist this pristine example.

I've kept quite a few of my older ATS-55 Spyderco folders. Personally I kind of liked the steel and I still carry some of them on occasions. I know Yablanwitz would agree with me that the original C-44 Dyad that had ATS-55 was a great folder for use at work or in the field.

Interesting that you found a RESCUE model with ATS-55 because it is also one of my favorite blade steels for serrated edges. I do remember Sal saying at one point that when they did side by side tests that VG-10 slightly outperformed ATS-55. And I would be the last one to argue with the General :D. Take care of that ATS-55 RESCUE and you'll get many years of good performance out of it. I've got one of the older Stainless RESCUE models with ATS-55 and I still carry it quite a bit. I loved the knives out of the ATS-55 era.

Back