Old school SEAL and Tigershark

Nice!! Super awesome looking. Look to be in great condition. Still waitin on the new Trident FX due out now. Around a 4 inch blade on that model. Thanks for sharing

Cool, I'll be looking out for your pics when you get it!
Thanks. Figured i better comment on your new additions you took the time to photograph. Seems not too many fans of Sog according to lack of feedback. I think they have a great looking line plus I love "Sogs style" I do really enjoy my new Trident AT for carry even though a bit heavier than other models. Have found the ergonomics of the handles especially useful and comfortable. Kind of nasty looking too which gains favor with me.

Thanks. Figured i better comment on your new additions you took the time to photograph. Seems not too many fans of Sog according to lack of feedback. I think they have a great looking line plus I love "Sogs style" I do really enjoy my new Trident AT for carry even though a bit heavier than other models. Have found the ergonomics of the handles especially useful and comfortable. Kind of nasty looking too which gains favor with me.
Yeah, I think there's still a lot of people that like SOG, these just not the newer models, so not much to comment on as they're established knives and perhaps seen as 'over the hill'. I personally love the early SOG knives - really drew on the lines and style of the two Baker designed Sog knives.
It's great to see that they are still keeping some of the style in the new generation knives, still paying homage to the grandfather.
That Trident AT looks great, unfortunately we can't seem to get them here as they're assisted opening. But that looks like a sturdy knife.
I was lucky to get the new Vision, it's a nice continuation of the older Visions, and not assisted.
I still hope they will reboot the SOG S1, maybe reboot the 7" SEAL as well. Be nice in a new steel (I'd take AUS-10 even) but keep those iconic grind lines. I feel they lost their way a bit with the Bowie 2.0 and the SEAL Team Elite. I love the SEAL Team though. It was just the mad jimping on the Elite that put me off it.
Anyway, rambling over.

Last edited:
I used to have half a dozen of these mint in the box from an inheritance many years ago, all sold off now.
The Tigershark was huge in my little hands, much preferred the Seal 2000.
Heat treat was very good on these from those I did use, very tough.
This Tigershark model was used in the "Lost" TV show many years ago.
I think it now resides in the SOG Headquarters.
Nice score!

Thanks. Figured i better comment on your new additions you took the time to photograph. Seems not too many fans of Sog according to lack of feedback.
Not mamy SOG fans now because us older guys who know/had those Seki made knives drifted away from SOG after 2006 when the marketing of the company went into different hands and fixed blade prodiuction went to Taiwan. SOG turned to US production (I think actually assemby) plus contined production by G.Sakai for their Seki Folders.
(Oddly, when Cold Steel went from Seki production to Taiwan about 10 years later, they didn't take the hit that SOG did.)
Unfortunately, most of the US made folders gained few praises, and the Seki ones were priced highly for what they offered, vis-a-vis other brands.
Only in the last few years has SOG started to make a comeback with new designs and models. No telling where SOG is going to go now under GSM's ownership but we'll just have to see.

Not mamy SOG fans now because us older guys who know/had those Seki made knives drifted away from SOG after 2006 when the marketing of the company went into different hands and fixed blade prodiuction went to Taiwan. SOG turned to US production (I think actually assemby) plus contined production by G.Sakai for their Seki Folders.
(Oddly, when Cold Steel went from Seki production to Taiwan about 10 years later, they didn't take the hit that SOG did.)
Unfortunately, most of the US made folders gained few praises, and the Seki ones were priced highly for what they offered, vis-a-vis other brands.
Only in the last few years has SOG started to make a comeback with new designs and models. No telling where SOG is going to go now under GSM's ownership but we'll just have to see.
Thanks for the education Ken. Things change often and sometimes not for the better. Seems many go for the best quality and are willing to pay for it here. Some serious knife fans here and I can respect that. Hopefully Sog's quality will improve to the point of great favor but as you say time will tell. Kind of a novice myself but learning valuable info from you members here. Still trying to wrap my head around all the different steels with different edge holding ability. Thanks again.

I’ve seen a couple different versions of the Tigershark in terms of the SOG stamp being different. When was this one produced? Sorry if I missed that.

The first Tigersharks had this "box" (SOG Specialty Knives) logo but with SMCA under it. (Santa Monica CA), late 80s/early 90s.
When SOG moved to Edmonds Washington the box stayed but the SMCA disappeared and EDM.WA appeared to mid 90s.
After SOG moved to Lynwood Washington, the location under the box disappeared. This would be after 1996.
The box logo remained until it was changed to the "Bullet Cutter" logo.
I think that was the last Tigershark and Seki production ended after which we had the letters SOG as a logo.

Back