• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Older Cold Steel and Becker knives (mostly Camillus)

t1mpani

Platinum Member
I've just taken shots of areas I want you to see---overal views, specific scratches/marks or what the bevels look like if they're no longer factory. I will happily take more detailed pictures of anything you like, from any angle you like, and email them to you. If you want more than one, I'll deduct $10 per knife added given my savings in shipping.
Please post "I'll take it" here on the thread for anything you want, in addition to PMing or emailing me through the forum, that way there's no doubt as to who was first. Also, please do NOT say "I'll take it" and then send me a PM negotiating on price. If you say you'll take it, you're agreeing to the asking price. Prices include shipping and insurance. Payment by paypal (I'll eat the fees) or USPS money order, please. I'll happily ship anywhere in the US. For international sales, we can figure out additional shipping costs, but check your local laws before you order and I cannot be held responsible for what happens to the knife once it leaves these shores, nor will I lie on the customs form about what's in the box. Many countries have a limit in terms of how much USPS will insure packages--I probably can't insure the knife for the entire value internationally.
If you do not get an immediate response from me, do not panic! :D Pretty much exactly because they don't want us screwing around and doing personal stuff on the internet, my work blocks Bladeforums (along with anything else fun) and I seldom have time to look at email during the day anyway. As such, I take care of things in the evenings when I get home. If you were first to say you'll take something on the thread, rest assured you'll be getting a response that evening.
Brief word on condition---Please carefully inspect knives upon receiving them. I try to be absolutely meticulous about finding flaws on anything I sell and making them known to prospective buyers, but if I miss something (it's happened) please let me know immediately, and we can talk about either an adjustment to the price if you still want it, or a complete refund in addition to me covering the return shipping. My reputation is important to me, and I'll never try to slip anything by you.
Here we go!

Cold Steel SRK--Japan made, AUS-8 not VG-1. Bought and put in drawer. Few marks on Kraton guard from coming in and out of its sheath. No box $55

Cold Steel ODA--Carbon V. Bought and put in drawer. No box SOLD

Camillus Becker BK1 Brute Re-grind--An unfinished project. I don't remember who I bought this from years back. The handle scales are (I think) TeroTuf, and still have the black magic marker on them from shaping as they're still a little oversized and haven't been sanded to fit yet. The original owner had started out with a mousepad and paper with the intent of convexing the blade, and I think gave up after realizing JUST how long that was going to take by hand. I cool-ground (slow grinder, frequent water dipping) both sides to convex. New zero-grind makes hairs jump off but is still solid enough for chopping, and I've actually chopped quite a bit with it on pine and oak with no damage, though it got a mousepad/sandpaper re-polish before I put it up here. One of the pics looks like it has a secondary bevel, but that's just a shadow. If you're worried about the heat treatment (I DO know what I'm doing, but I understand :D ) my method for checking is to try and scratch the side of the edge with a swiss army knife which is right around 56 HRC. The SAK cannot scratch this knife anywhere along its length (I just re-verified that) and this knife WILL scratch the SAK, so the HRC is 57+ which is right where it should be according to factory specs. So, you can either do the final finishing (little more handle sanding, strip the rest of the coating and apply a patina) or just use it as-is. It's been years and I'm never going to get around to finishing it. It's not collector-grade now, it's just an excellent heavy duty knife with very well-done lightsaber geometry, and I really don't care if I end up keeping it so not much $ off. :) I included a shot of the mouth of the sheath as it has scratches from knife insertions (it did when I got it) but still locks in as well as these sheaths ever did. No box $140 SOLD

Thanks for looking!
Warren

Last edited:
Ill take the reground Brute and the older non-bowie Bushman please
Visitor message left and email sent. My e-mail is tobiism@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Sorry, I'd gone to make some nachos and open a beer---they're yours, sir! PP address incoming to your email. Thanks!

Well shucks, that re-grind was my favorite knife of the bunch. I thought if I had to end up keeping one of them...oh well. :)

Last edited:
Twistmaster for sure, and Bushman (if Bushman doesn't work out with The Peacent) please.

Twistmaster for sure, and Bushman (if Bushman doesn't work out with The Peacent) please.
Okay, once I know for sure if the other deal is going through, I'll get in touch and we'll finalize things. Twistmaster is SPF, folks. And by the way, it's been about three years since I shipped internationally and has anybody else noticed that the rates have become AWFUL?!? Sheesh!

Edit to add: I'm heading out to meet a friend for lunch and won't be checking in for a couple of hours, so I'll catch up this afternoon.

Okay, I'm back and messages are replied to. :)

Last edited:
I sent you a PM, lakelly, looks like it's just going to be the Twistmaster. :)
By the way...it just occurred time that I should have posted that in the folders section, not in the fixed blades section. You DO know it folds, right?:eek:

Glad you didn't post it in the folders section, so it didn't get snagged up! :D

PayPal sent!

Okay, looks like the ODA is back on the market, folks--I'm heading into work so I will become non-communicative until this evening, and I'll expect all to be spoken for upon my return. ;)
Remember, Camillus collectors---the new company who've taken the name are not the Camillus of old; before the oldest American knife company closed its doors, they lovingly crafted these hunks of 0170-6c steel.

Lakelly---I've sent a PM and an email, so I'm going to assume you don't want the other Bushman and just send your twistmaster tomorrow at lunch, unless you tell me otherwise. :)

Well, well, well...it seems that the Camillus fervor has died down in this place; probably because the name has been resurrected, but the current people calling themselves "Camillus" have nothing to do with what was, formerly, America's oldest knife factory. So, a $10-$15 price drop on everything here (new prices edited in above), and then it's off to the 'Bay. :D

BK10 is gone :)
And now the BK5 too

New Bushman, ODA, SRK still available. :)

Last edited:
Back