• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Oliver Plomion

I don't recall the mailing date when he returned the machete but it was late Oct early Nov. I was waiting for him to finish his comitment to replace the CRK Warrior as he promised but he never came through. Here is his Email from before he sent the machete out:

Bill,

I don't know how to start this letter, so I would like to start by telling you why I acted like I did.
When we made this deal some time ago, you made the part of your deal by sending your knives, and I made mine by sending the WSK. You did not received the knife and I was pi**ed off, not on you cause sh*t happen, but then I asked an inquiry of the postal services, they said "the package is in US, when it arrive in USA we can not track it".
So I've send another package with the machete and it never showed up, so my reaction was that you maybe took pi** on me. In my mind it was too wierd that 2 packages could disapear, specialy to the same person, so I decided to cut off the communication, I know it was wrong, but as I said, for me it was just too wierd and I really believed you tryed to screw me.
Yesterday I was called at a local Police station to gather a "piece of evidence" that apparently belonged to me. I didn't knew what the hell it could be. When I arrived at this police station the Officer told me that a man from the postal services at the international airport plateform was arrested some months ago because he had stealed over 150 postal packages the last 3 years. When they searched his appartement they found most of half of his stealing opened but still in their packages down in his cellar. The officer asked me to sign and gave me a package with: YOUR MACHETE!!!!!
Believe it or not, but I can proove it. So the point of this letter is that I would like to present you my most sinceres apologizes. I trully believed you tryed to screw me and it was wrong. Now I got this machete back and of course I know you never receveid it, so I trully do understand you anger.
the machete is still as new as when you send it, the guy apparently just opened the package but didn't played with it. So what I propose you is to send you the machete back (insured value pack this time), plus a new Chris reeve knife like the one you've send me, or if you prefer cash by paypal. This is what belong to you as your property.
Because I didn't believed you and caused so much trouble I would like to offer you one of my favorite knife for a 300$ value + another gift.
You can believe it or not but of course I can send you with the knives the original box with stample of the PO and the paper I had to sign to get the machete back.
Again, I'm deeply sorry for all the inconveniences, but really, I tough it was strange that those package just disapeared. In this deal I lost a beck custom knife, but this is not your fault, I returned your property that didn't showed up, again it's not your fault, so for me, loose the beck, return your package plus pay all the value of your returned knives was too much. I hope you will understand my reaction, the best I can do is to finaly repare it plus a very nice gift. If you want send me your phone number and I call you to settle all this up.
By the way, concerning my professional life, I startred as Police Officer in Paris, then I moved to Denmark where I worked for the Danish defense. Since I'm back in France I joined the Gendarmerie in 2004, and yes, since I'm 18, everywhere I've been living I've joined the Firememens as "volunteer" beside my job, this is no bullshit, if you want proove of it I can also.
I hope to hear from you very soon, if I don't answer from this addy please try skcrisis@hotmail.com
Best regards.
Oliver.
PS: When in 2004 the danish customs took several of the packages I send (in one time) all of the guys who lost their knives got a compensation greatter value than what they traded and none of them lost anything, I'm not a thief.
(I edited some of the words to keep it nice :) )

Oliver did not send any proof of his story with the machete but to tell the truth, I really couldn't care less for the story. I just want my proerty back.

Here is the progression of Emails Oliver has sent me:

I send you the machete + gift tomorrow insured with tracking number, and when I got my salary I order a Chris reeve from USA direct to your adress.
Best regards
Oliver
PS: are double edged (daggers) allowed where you live?

the tracking number is CC 3696 3352 FR send recomanded to you adress.
There is you machete + a very hard to find german dager and a folding "Laguiole" auto. I hope you'll enjoy it. Please let me know as soon as you get it and I'll order a Chris Reeve from USA and ask them to ship it direct to your adress.
Oliver.

Hi Bill,

great, I'm glad you got it safe, did you found the little auto folder too? it was in a little plastic bag. Is it ok for you if I order the CRK when I got my salary at the end of this month? Thanks
Oliver

thanks Bill, as soon as I got my pay check I order the CRK. with all my apologizes.
Oliver

Sorry I was out of town, just went back today. I receive my paycheck next week and place an order, or from Truenorth knives or knifeart. I sure let you know as soon as the order is placed.
Oliver

That was the last I heard from Oliver on the 6th of December. He has now gone back into hiding apparantly.

googled Oli...

ROFL @ this: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294460

I have actually read through 9 pages then skipped to here... Bill, your loss is such a shame, your work is great, and to think that someone would scam someone with your reputation is dreadful.

<snip>

I noticed that Oli lists his location as "Under your bed." Seems to me it should read "In your bed", as he seems to spend most of his time screwing people. What a tool.

Norm

if his story is to be believed, and I were in his place, I would have wired you the amount of money the two knives you sent cost (or are currently worth) the second I realized you weren't lying.

it would have ended all this crap, you would have had equivalent compensation without any chance of more mail shenanigans, and a very tarnished name could have started creeping back to neutral (which probably would never happen here on bladeforums given how this thread has gone).

if you got your machete back, maybe there is some bleak hope of eventually getting the crk warrior back too.

Well his wife just replied to me that Oliver won't contact me because I took this public :jerkit: Apparantly it's all my fault. Has nothing to do with no replies to my many requests for my property being unanswered. That point apparantly goes unnoticed in the Plomion home. Hell she even said go ahead and contact his Police Commander because he's good friends so nothing will happen to him. Yes he still claims he is a policeman/fireman :yawn:

Typical internet criminal MO. Steal something from someone, give them the run-around, then when they get so fed up with being jerked around blame the entire mess on their victim and their "poor attitude!"

just to reiterate...in all my years of active knife dealing, this is the only POS who burned me:grumpy:
I truly hope he gets his "just deserves"

Back