Omnivore Bladeworks

Anyone here own a sword by Jared @ Omnivore Bladeworks? If so, what are your thoughts on his work? Some interesting designs with unique sheath systems.

Thanks

I don't own one, but took a look. They appear to be offerings in the "tactical" genre (I've always wondered what current combat tactics call for tactical swords). It doesn't appear that anyone actually owns most of the swords since the prices are TBD, which suggests this maker has made some prototypes but not sold them yet. If they appeal to you maybe you can let us know what you think if you purchase one.

I own the Murder I, the Murder II, the Kodiak Sword, and the Americanas Bowie. I love them....I think Omnivore does excellent work. They feel good in the hand and are nicely balanced. I have not done a lot of aggressive cutting with the swords to date; but the Bowie does a good job on camping chores, which is all I’ve really done with it.

The sheaths are good, basic and very functional. My Murders have a cool steel peg lock that holds the sword in the sheath. The Bowie has a special sheath - magnetic hold with edge toward the opening for fast draw and deployment. It seems to work fine; but I’m a little intimidated by it....you wouldn’t want a body part in the way when you whip that thing out. At some point I’ll commission a leather sheath.

Thank you BlackKnight86. Would you happen to have any pics of your blades?

I've not held one but I know people who own them and have heard very positive things.

Went to the website i like the murder and the kodiak survival sword. Site wont let me register though.

Back