On EBay, sometimes your the windshield...

sometimes your the bug.
This time I was the bug. I bought a Buck 312 Trapper in a lot of three knives. I did not pay very much for the three knives so I have no real beef with the seller but when they arrived I was sorry to see that the tip of the clip blade on the 312 was not there. Do you think this can be fixed? Naturally I have no idea how the blade came to be broken so I would expect to pay for the repair. The knife was made in 1997 so it is accually not in bad shape with the exception of the blade tip. I would really like to see this knife with a replacement blade but am not really sure how to proceed.

Any help would be very welcome.
Will

Buck has excellent customer service. If they have the parts they can repair it. I have sent knives that were no longer manufactured and they had the spare parts to repair them. If it can be repaired Buck will do it. If there is a cost it won't be much.

Will,
Sorry to hear about the bad experience on Ebay. Your best bet is to send us the knife and if it can be repaired, we can handle it for you. Send me an email if you need the address to the factory.
Take care,

I just can't say enough good things about Buck. I got my 312 back on the weekend with a new blade. It is now a 1996 made knife, not '97. The bolsters are all polished up and it looks like a new knife. The best part, no charge. I offered to pay when I sent it. I am really happy. It is a really nice knife and I have it in my pocket today.

Will,
I am happy to hear that the knife made it back to you safe and sound. I will let Efren, my rework specailist, know that you like his work.
I hope that knife serves you well for many years!
Take care,

Back