One F Up Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys dont read this wrong. I treated the guy like he was my own Grandma. Dude I took it up the ass. A person could not have been more nice. I gave him full respect. There was no p!ssing match at all. I dont know where you got that I was not respectfull.
Because I knew I was screwed, I didnt want to make it any worse. Everthing you guys just wrote I did, be respect full, put hands in plain site. I made his job as easy as it could have been. Pull the guy over, tell him hes speeding, give no reason, write the ticket, on my way to write more. Thats what happend.

Picked the bike up yesterday (at the impound yard). So far $363.00

Thanks
Matt

Sniper,
you were there, we were NOT. It sounds like a sociopath in uniform is patrolling the highways on the Left Coast. Hey, I have met THAT kind and they are a disgrace to those who wear their badge with PRIDE. To those who took their Oath of office to heart and NEVER once abused POWER, but KNEW how to handle authority.
I cannot, NAH, will not pass Judgement on some unknown police officer who you say is truly a bad person in a very serious and dangerous profession.
What I will suggest is that if, IF this all happened AS you say, then Sniper HIRE a LAWYER and file suit ASAP. This represents the most horrific abuse of one's authority and most "Plaintiff's Attorney types" would jump on this for 33 percent of what would be a very quick out of court settlement.
you painted this picture.....Sniper riding his M/C upon a public highway. Some Law Enforcemment officer singled you out for NO reason at all and then just flat out PHUCKED you to the wall for NO REASON other than he abused his authority and has serious issues and no business in LE. FILE THE COMPLAINT with His AGENCY NOW:eek: :eek: Do NOT wait. This stuff can come back to haunt you in the corp if ya ever get at that point where you need some clearance and an intensive background investigation took place. Your OFFICIAL INACTION against what you say is a rogue police officer will look like you have some serious issue with authority figures and for-get getting any high level OK to do the fun things, if you know what I mean.....Now there is a very Public record of you doing nothing and getting hit very hard...Don't let this follow you.....wolf//Good Luck;)

Im not trying not make the guy out to be satin. I was wrong for not having the endorsement, I will admit that, but I swear at that time I was not speeding, just going the flow of traffic. Im not sure what to do now. Im very confused. Im not sure if I should fight it. A lot of people have told me its a waste of time, im just going to lose, but I just want to be treated fairly. Well what do you think I should do. Does anyone know if I fight it and lose, will this cost me more $$$ than if I just pled No contest (gilty).

Thanks for reading

Matt

Kamp, you confuse humility with weakness or inferiority.

Sniper, if the officer did not have probable cause to detain you (e.g. you were not in violation of any CA vehicle code), then it was an unlawful detention (e.g. violation of your civil rights.)

However, if you were going 75MPH, despite the fact it was the "flow of traffic", an officer has PC to detain you for violation of 22349 CVC (going faster than the posted limit.) If during a subsequent investigation to write the cite (e.g. obtaining your drivers license) he discovers you are unlicensed to operate the class of vehicle you were operating, then he can impound the vehicle under impound authority 22651(p) CVC.

Legally speaking, if I understand you correctly, what the officer did was not illegal, albeit his behavior unprofessional.

However, you may file a complaint with his agency regarding his conduct towards you during the vehicle stop.

Regarding the ticket, you may fight it in traffic court. You never know, you may win the speeding ticket. You probably will not win the lack of M1 endorsement. Some courts will not allow you to go to traffic school if you try to fight the ticket. Some courts will. Unless you hire a lawyer ($$$), it will not cost you any more to "have your day in court" and lose than to plead guilty.

Good luck,

Tim

Matt,
Do not be confused. Tim just gave you very sound advice. But now there is a slightly different issue: THIS thread. I sure as hell am NOT gonna pass judgement, make a call on who is right and who is wrong. There IS two sides to every story and here is the BIGGER issue.
You posted your side on a very very public forum. you have proclaimed to have been Mother Teresa's grandson, a true gentleman oozing with utter respect to a, in YOUR opinion, a very contemptable and very unstable LEO, maybe related to Adolph Hitler?????.
What should you do? You SHOULD do nothing, you MUST file a complaint Yesterday with this officer's superior. Nah, you Do not need to go to headquarters and seek out IA. Just find out where he works out of and talk to his SGT. When you walk in, have EVERYTHING already written down in the form of a very comprehensive report of EXACTLY what transpired. Leave NOTHING out, include Every detail.
I am certain that if this happened as you say, the bunk about the code of silence and the thin blue line does NOT include the serious thrashing of one's constututional and civil rights. this is a 1983 civil rights violation if it happened as you say ( that is NOT a date!)
So, I hope this helps to clear up some confusion. Talk is cheap, time is of the essence, and these things seem to pop up later in life and you just might regret NOT reporting it to the LEO's REAL boss......Be safe sniper, I wish you only the best.....wolf

As this comes to an end, my final thoughts. This was just a vent, no harm was implied. This is just something I need to move on from. I have better things to do in my life then to sit around and cry BS on the forums. I have a lot of respect for the department, I respect that they have a harmful job to do, and if I see an officer in distress, I would back him up. I will prob. just pled no contest and move on. Im just looking forward to being in the Corps. Hopefully it would be this bad in the Corps. :) So I guess Sh!t happens and some times you have to deal with it. This SH!t just cost me some money thats all.

Thanks for listening to all the wineing.

Matt

Update. Im not fighting it. To far to drive and not worth it.

Got a notice in the mail. All I have to do is pay $111, go to the CCS school and get the rest of my endorsement. And go to traffic school. And send the proof that I have the endorsement , proof of insurance (which I did at the time), and proof of passing traffic school. And it will be like nothing ever happened.:D .

Ok lets see:

Impound = $360 (lost it for a week)
CCS school= $170 (2 full weekends)
Ticket =$111
Traffic school= $50 (1 full weekend)
Total for not doing what I did = $681.00

Please learn from my lesson, dont be hard headed. Before you ride get the whole endorsement, not just permit, or ride with out anything.

Matt

Back