• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS-DAN GRAVES

Fellow members,
My compliments to Dan Graves. This craftsman makes high quality knives at a very fair price.
I recently purchased a small fixed blade Dan Graves hunter with Damascus blade, nickel silver fittings and popcorn stag handle from another member here on Bladeforums. Prior to this purchase I had never heard of Dan Graves but the knife looked interesting in the sales thread and the price was reasonable so I decided to take a chance. I am pleased to report that the knife is every bit as well made as I had hoped. The well fitted popcorn stag handle is of high quality and the Damascus pattern on the blade nicely done. While I like to use all of my knives, this one is almost too nice to take to the field. It is more like a work of art.

Foxdoublegunner

That’s just scratching the surface of @DanGraves craftsmanship and worth to the knife making community. Dan has been extremely giving, inviting smiths to numerous hammer ins he has hosted. Giving his time, knowledge, and use of his shop just to pay it forward.

Even if his taste in music sucks !

Just kidding about the tunes.
I hope to get back up there again soon.

@DanGraves is truly a wonderful maker, his work in Damascus and use of popcorn stag sets his work apart. Super reasonable price for what you are getting.

I own seven of Dan’s knives...each one is worth more (to me) than what I paid for it...and, as it has been pointed out numerous times, Dan is a true gentleman to deal with...

I have a knife from Dan. The transaction was a great experience. The knife is a treasure. I always check the for sales forum but am never on time - they go quick! Would especially like to pick up one of his warthog tusk handled knives. Dan is definitely one of the top makers in BF's custom makers sales forum.

Back