Online Indicator

Railsplitter

Gold Member
Question about the little green triangle that shows when a member is logged onto the forum.

I've noticed that in many cases, a member appears to stay in the same thread for a long time. Up to an hour as far as I can tell. The little green triangle is lit up and when I check their profile they are viewing the same thread for a long time. Then suddenly they aren't online anymore.

Are members staying in that thread and walking away from the computer while logged on or is there is another reason for this? I've seen it happen a lot with many different members and I can't help thinking that there's another reason for it.

Does the green triangle stay lit up for an hour after we log off?

Last edited:
I imagine most people don't actually log off (as in clicking the button). The green triangle will stay lit up for a while when someone isn't actually looking at the site and the viewing thing will display whatever they were last looking at. The green triangle showing doesn't mean they're actually still looking at the site or even still have it open in their browser AFAIK.

I imagine most people don't actually log off (as in clicking the button). The green triangle will stay lit up for a while when someone isn't actually looking at the site and the viewing thing will display whatever they were last looking at. The green triangle showing doesn't mean they're actually still looking at the site or even still have it open in their browser AFAIK.
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I appreciate your help.

Back