• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Online knife dealers

I am thinking about ordering knives online. I have never ordered a knife online so for those of you that have, I would like to hear about your experiences.
Which online dealers can I trust, and which ones should I avoid like the plague???

I am thinking about ordering knives online. I have never ordered a knife online so for those of you that have, I would like to hear about your experiences.
Which online dealers can I trust, and which ones should I avoid like the plague???
Here’s a great list to start with (and probably end with too) https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/paid-dealer-members-list-updated-2-5-16.1089879/

Avoid fleabay and Amazon. More likely to get a fake or someone else’s damaged product through them.

I have had no issues with the following dealers that support BF: DLT, Kniveshipfree, and Collector Knives.

I have also bought a couple knives on Amazon, but to be honest, that is a crap shoot these days due to how they group items in their warehouses and third party sellers. Can't always be sure what you are getting there, so I would discourage it.

The list of supporting dealers is great place to start ... some of my favorite dealers are DLT Trading ... GPKnives ... USAMade Blades ... Knife Works ... Blade HQ ... Knife Connection ... and Knives Ship Free ...

there are many others that are good but all I mentioned I would give them excelent ratings on customer service and being helpful and knowledgable if you have questions.

I've had only good experiences with dealers on the BF-supporting list, including Blade HQ, KnifeCenter, KnifeWorks, GP Knives, Collector Knives, and KnivesShipFree.

BF supporting dealers is going to be your best bet IMO. In the event there is a problem, they seem to be very responsive.

avoid the big name auction sites when it comes to buying knives. When the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

BladeHQ has by far the best search feature..
I've used them plenty, but I've also uses collectorknives.net, gpknives, knifeworks, knifecenter, kershawguy, and DLTtrading all without issue, as well as the forums here and quite a few others who aren't supporting members...

Best place to start is right here on the supporting dealers list, or if there is a brand you specifically like, go to their website and search their authorized dealers list....

Last edited:
I prefer BladeHQ, Knivesshipfree, GP Knives, Kershawguy (Kershaw and ZT), and I've heard nothing but good about usamadeblade, though I haven't bought from him yet. I won't patronize knifecenter as long as they list Quartermaster as Made in the USA.

Asking with the supporting dealers if recommend checking out the exchange section of the forum. You'll find some good deals and detailed pics of the actual knife instead of a stock photo.

Definitely avoid Amazon. I decided to use a gift card and they sent me a clone. They did accept the return but refused to post my customer review. They've really give downhill lately.

Asking with the supporting dealers if recommend checking out the exchange section of the forum. You'll find some good deals and detailed pics of the actual knife instead of a stock photo.

Definitely avoid Amazon. I decided to use a gift card and they sent me a clone. They did accept the return but refused to post my customer review. They've really give downhill lately.

Really? Thats a shame to hear you had a bad experience with Amazon. I've never bought a knife off of AMZ but whenever I had to return anything, there were literally no questions asked and they supplied all the return shipping material. I've returned things for a full refund just because I straight up didn't like the thing that I got.

Really? Thats a shame to hear you had a bad experience with Amazon. I've never bought a knife off of AMZ but whenever I had to return anything, there were literally no questions asked and they supplied all the return shipping material. I've returned things for a full refund just because I straight up didn't like the thing that I got.

It's not so much that Amazon specifically is the issue, it's the vendors selling through Amazon or the fact some people will buy a real knife and then process a return with a fake or clone knife. Amazon employees are not knife dealers or experts. They likely take a quick peak in the box and say, "yep the knife is in there" and then restock it. I buy stuff from Amazon all the time and returns are a breeze. I just won't buy a knife from them unless they are my only option and I have to have the knife.

Their return policy is great, but buying anything from them is a crap shoot because they don't buy stuff exclusively from the companies.

You can order a spyderco directly from Amazon (not a third party vendor) and still get a clone because only some of what they sell comes directly from spyderco.

I'd rather pay the extra 5-10 bucks to a legit knife dealer instead of sending back multiple packages to Amazon until they finally got the order right. Plus I want to support the dealers and companies that help keep this hobby alive.

Only knife i ever bought off the big river was my US Army Kabar fighting knife...

A) it was fully intended to be hard user
B) it was a really good deal
-(but not "too good" to be true)
C) it's a very easy knife to clone (respectively), but I'm pretty confident mine is a good one, as it has performed up to every expectation.

I've ordered from Knife works, Knife center, midway USA, Blade play, Blade runner systems, Spyderco. Midway USA didn't send a invoice and used poor packaging for shipping.

I used to say I would never order from budK but they get some stuff that interests me, so recently I have.

I haven't tried but going too. SMKW & blade HQ. I've bought from forum members and they had their receipts in the box from blade HQ.

I recommend caveat emptor when it comes to ebay and amazon.

Back