Ontario Knife Company Sold?

Hey everyone,

Im new here, please bear with me if I’m posting in the wrong area. I just wanted to start a thread about Ontario Knife Company being sold. I reached out to them concerning an issue I was having with one of my OKC knives. I was told my knife is definitely “not right”, but they were sold and not honoring their warranty at this time. The representative also told me that the new owner has not determined how they are going to handle warranty claims going forward. I really feel this is a bad move on the part of the new owner, I honestly won’t be purchasing any other knives from them unless this gets sorted out. Thoughts? Any news about this issue that I’m not aware of?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum
I’d suggest posting this question here to get an answer from the fellow that is moderator for the company

Ontario Forum

G2

Edited to say I see that a kind moderator has relocated this thread into the Ontario Knife Company section of the forum...nice and thanks

Last edited:
The representative also told me that the new owner has not determined how they are going to handle warranty claims going forward. I really feel this is a bad move on the part of the new owner

Why is it a bad move? You don't think a new owner has a right to determine business practices regarding how they will move forward with the logistics of the purchase?

It's not like they said they won't be honoring the warranty.

Some people have no patience..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why is it a bad move? You don't think a new owner has a right to determine the business practices regarding how they will move forward with the logistics of the purchase?

It's not like they said they won't be honoring the warranty.

Some people have no patience..... :rolleyes:

I’m very patient, but I’m not going to spend my money on a product that I’m not sure will be supported. I try to support as many US knife companies as possible and OKC has always been one that I’ve supported. However, until I’m sure they are going to be standing behind their products I will purchase these types of knives from ESEE. They didn’t say they weren’t going to honor their warranty but they also did not say they would. I think my decision is fair.

I’m very patient, but I’m not going to spend my money on a product that I’m not sure will be supported. I try to support as many US knife companies as possible and OKC has always been one that I’ve supported. However, until I’m sure they are going to be standing behind their products I will purchase these types of knives from ESEE. They didn’t say they weren’t going to honor their warranty but they also did not say they would. I think my decision is fair.

Yeah, ok.....

The dust isn't even settled yet, you have no details about anything, and you've already written them off.

Yes, I can see you have lots of patience. :rolleyes:

I agree with Shane here. And offer a suggestion. Don't make decision based on 1 conversation. Call again in a week or two. I'm sure it takes time to take over a company that has a solid reputation and strong customer base. Give it some time.

Yeah, ok.....

The dust isn't even settled yet, and you've already written them off.

Yes, I can see you have lots of patience. :rolleyes:
Why reply to my post with such aggressive negativity? If they would have made this clear on their website or in some other way when I purchased this most recent knife I wouldn’t have made this post. I would have had all the information needed to make an informed decision. Instead I purchased a knife that happened to be bad and was told I’m basically stuck with it. That should never be the case. I haven’t written them off, we will see how it plays out. I made this post not to bash OKC, but to see if anyone had any further info.

I agree with Shane here. And offer a suggestion. Don't make decision based on 1 conversation. Call again in a week or two. I'm sure it takes time to take over a company that has a solid reputation and strong customer base. Give it some time.
I said nothing about permanently writing them off, unless they don’t continue to honor their warranty. However, I won’t be purchasing from them until everything is sorted out and I am sure the products I am purchasing will be supported.

Why reply to my post with such aggressive negativity? If they would have made this clear on their website or in some other way when I purchased this most recent knife I wouldn’t have made this post. I would have had all the information needed to make an informed decision. Instead I purchased a knife that happened to be bad and was told I’m basically stuck with it.

Again, did you ever think MAYBE they are still sorting out the details before they make anything clear on their website???

Insulting or Rude behavior
I said nothing about permanently writing them off, unless they don’t continue to honor their warranty. However, I won’t be purchasing from them until everything is sorted out and I am sure the products I am purchasing will be supported.

Alright Karen.

'aggressive negativity'?

Who said Shane was the Forum's Teddy Bear? Shane doesn't 'sugar coat' anything. Shane is reminding you to adapt to what sounds like a very large set of business decisions the new owner is making.

I hope for the best for OKC.

Another suggestion: try having some hope?

There is no justification for treating a new member with this hostility. If you cannot offer constructive information or advice without insults...don't post here because further warnings will follow.

Some of you, (and you know who you are), have been warned repeatedly over this...and it will not end well if it continues.

ETA:

Shane, your reply via PM earned you a week's vacation.

Nothing upsets the status quo in a business like a change of command.
We’ve all talked to “representatives” before. Some good & in the know, some don’t know a trip wire from a clothesline.
Let’s hope it settles in. I have my eye on there chef’s knife.
One thing they did I wasn’t happy with, is close there showroom. But, they’re in the country, so I get it. (not the new owner, but the old)
Almost forgot…WELCOME!

Nothing upsets the status quo in a business like a change of command.
We’ve all talked to “representatives” before. Some good & in the know, some don’t know a trip wire from a clothesline.
Let’s hope it settles in. I have my eye on there chef’s knife.
One thing they did I wasn’t happy with, is close there showroom. But, they’re in the country, so I get it. (not the new owner, but the old)
Almost forgot…WELCOME!
I wasn’t trying to upset anyone with my post, I just figured I could get some info here. I hope everything works out and they continue to be a company that I’m proud to shop with. Thanks for the welcoming message!

Jake13,

I was merely trying to encourage you to be more adaptive to a company in a state of transition. Never meant to welcome you in a disrespectful way.

Again, have some hope. It may take longer than you expected it to.

Jake13,

I was merely trying to encourage you to be more adaptive to a company in a state of transition. Never meant to welcome you in a disrespectful way.

Again, have some hope. It may take longer than you expected it to.
I never reported anything or said anything to anyone, the staff member above saw the post. I’m not thin skinned. I think Shane took my post as bashing OKC and that was not my intent. No hard feelings at all.

Back