1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ontario Rat 1 Deep Pocket Clip?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Runt1122, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Runt1122

Runt1122

Feb 20, 2019
    Does anyone know of an affordable deep pocket carry replacement clip for the Rat 1? I carry it tip up and would like it to carry a bit deeper than the original clip allows. I saw a couple on Amazon for about $25, but that is almost as much as the knife costs in the first place.

2. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    Its generally a bad idea to throw good money at an inexpensive knife

115Italian and Fixall like this.
  3. Crimson Cloud

Crimson Cloud Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2018
  4. Runt1122

Runt1122

Feb 20, 2019
    Exactly my thoughts. No way I spend $25 on a pocket clip for a $30 knife.

5. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    The blades4sell clips are pretty decent.

They are pricey though and take months to arrive.

That said, once you put it on they complement the knife well. They have more “spring” in them as well.

The factory clips are pretty good on these Ontario’s.

E5B03912-71B3-453A-960E-FBAF0EBBEA8D.jpeg

jmh33, specgrade and Crimson Cloud like this.
  6. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    If it rides to high just throw it in your pocket.. *shrug*

7. Danketch

Danketch Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2007
    I got the MXG clip for my buddy's D2 Rat 1 for a gift after he bent his (his first "good knife" I convinced him to get). It was pretty sweet. I would get one for mine but I have too many knives to care about the Rat.

8. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Pretty much this.

The Rat 1 is a great knife for $40! Before I spent $25 on a clip for it, I'd just ask myself if there's a knife on the market for $65 that I would like more. If not, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably sell the Rat 1 on the Exchange and go with the other knife.

9. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Okay, I see people put $1000.00 wheels on cheap cars and trucks when the stock wheels will get them down the road just fine. No problem buying an item to make a knife better for you. I wouldn't hold it against ya.

LastRodeo likes this.
  10. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    I say buy it if ya want it.. Its your money to spend how you please..;)
    John

11. Runt1122

Runt1122

Feb 20, 2019