Ontario Rat 1 Deep Pocket Clip?

Does anyone know of an affordable deep pocket carry replacement clip for the Rat 1? I carry it tip up and would like it to carry a bit deeper than the original clip allows. I saw a couple on Amazon for about $25, but that is almost as much as the knife costs in the first place.

The blades4sell clips are pretty decent.

They are pricey though and take months to arrive.

That said, once you put it on they complement the knife well. They have more “spring” in them as well.

The factory clips are pretty good on these Ontario’s.

E5B03912-71B3-453A-960E-FBAF0EBBEA8D.jpeg

I got the MXG clip for my buddy's D2 Rat 1 for a gift after he bent his (his first "good knife" I convinced him to get). It was pretty sweet. I would get one for mine but I have too many knives to care about the Rat.

Its generally a bad idea to throw good money at an inexpensive knife

Pretty much this.

The Rat 1 is a great knife for $40! Before I spent $25 on a clip for it, I'd just ask myself if there's a knife on the market for $65 that I would like more. If not, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably sell the Rat 1 on the Exchange and go with the other knife.

Okay, I see people put $1000.00 wheels on cheap cars and trucks when the stock wheels will get them down the road just fine. No problem buying an item to make a knife better for you. I wouldn't hold it against ya.

I say buy it if ya want it.. Its your money to spend how you please..;)
John

Back