Ontario Vs Becker Vs Khukuri for small jobs youtube video

beachmaster

Gold Member
It seems to me that for the last few years, or even decades, there has been a large movement towards survivalists pushing that a small knife can do nearly all of the chores that a large knife can do, with the correct technique.

Although this is true, I believe that they will never be as efficient at large knife tasks, and that the right large knife can do the same tasks as a small knife.

Ethan Becker once mentioned that to test a knife he likes to make a tent stake, so that is what I did! (with a couple other notches to make a mini try stick)

In my latest YouTube video, I compare the Becker Bk9, Ontario Sp5, 10, and Rtak II, and an EGKH Traditional Service Khukuri while making a try stick, to see how comfortable each knife is for doing small chores. Please check it out, and subscribe!

https://youtu.be/qmWXsXWUTEw

If you missed the first two videos in the series, and you are curious about the performance of these popular knifes, check them out! And of course, please subscribe to my channel :)

Well done video.
I have done a lot of small tasks with a large knife.
Still I feel a small knife is better for me as I am more likely to have it with me.
You did make me want to take my SP49 out for a play date :D

Nice!
Yeah, the smaller knife will excel at what it is designed for (small tasks), but I so often hear "large knives can't do small tasks" and it makes me want to gauge out my eyes lol jk

Back