Ooooh So Woodsman Yummy

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
This one is wearing stabalized Walnut crotch and has g-10 (jade) pins, bullseye filler, and liner. The grind is convex sabergrind. Forge scale not optional!;)

kphheaven103_1943-vi.jpg

kphheaven103_1944-vi.jpg

kphheaven103_1945-vi.jpg

kphheaven103_1946-vi.jpg

Well, I can't. I buy them from McMaster Carr. (The industrial name for phenolics is Garolite.)

I bought a Woodsman from Andy yesterday with hickory handles and fits my hand like a glove.I will use the knife over the weekend and send the pictures to Andy to post.The fit and finish is top of the line and is a cutting tool not to used for prying.
Thanks,
Michael:D

Nice. Any feed back on how durable the G10 pins are compared to say stainless, or brass pins?

Nice. Any feed back on how durable the G10 pins are compared to say stainless, or brass pins?

Used em a lot. Mostly pins serve to increase surface area for glue to hold. Very hard to remove scales with either. Japanese sword makers have used bamboo pins for centuries.

I bought a Woodsman from Andy yesterday with hickory handles and fits my hand like a glove.I will use the knife over the weekend and send the pictures to Andy to post.The fit and finish is top of the line and is a cutting tool not to used for prying.
Thanks,
Michael:D

Guys, its always an honor to have knife users stop by the shop. But it was a true treat to have Michael stop by. He brought a bin full of knives to show off, and was really very knowledgable. And he brought gifts. Firestarters, and a sweet chunk of Brazilian Cherry. Nice having you Michael.

Back