Oops! I meant Buck 112 blade length!

Sorry for the confusion. The knife I have is actually a Buck 112 (Ranger?) The blade length is supposed to be 3", according to the web sight. My question is this: is it 3" measured from the tip if the blade to the front bolster or measured frim the tip to where the blade meets the lock/spine?

My knife is actually about 2 3/4" if measured from tip to bolster. However, if it was shortened, whoever did it did a great job of concealing it.

Also, the tip is so thin that it doesn't look like it could have supported another 1/4" at the end?

Does anyone have a 112 that they could measure and tell me?

Thanks!

Mike

I'd love to, but I broke the tip off mine. Don't think I'll try to re-profile it though. It's now a good flat-blade screwdriver, with a REALLY sharp shaft...
smile.gif

O_D

Mike,
My Ranger is in original condition.
From tip to bolster it is 2 15/16",
so you're not missing much.
Now that I'm looking so closely at it I noticed that mine is a "112 X".
Does anyone know how that's different from the basic "112" ??
Doc

OK I did some blueprint checking and also measured a bunch of 112's ready to ship after sharpening.

The blade as blanked tip to tail is blueprinted at 3.79 inches

The blade as measured from tip to bolster after sharpening ranges from 2.91-2.96 inches.

The x next to the 112 is a date code. The year is indicates is 1990.
This years code is a 'U'

Jeff

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard

Dear Jeff,
Thanks for looking that up.
It will be nice having you around.
Doc

Thanks, Jeff!

I'll be checking that out tonight. I think I just got a runt. The blade looks too good to be a resharpening job.

Mike

Mike,
It's possible that on the 1st edging pass, the edgeline was uneven, and the operator re-edged it to get an even line...

Jeff "don't hold my spelling against me" Hubbard

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard

Back