opening day tomorrow

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Time to bust some caps and load up the freezer. Early muzzleloader deer hunting opens. Hope to kick some ass tomorrow on the farm.
Scott

Best of luck muzzle loading what kind do you have father In law bought me a Knight about 8 years ago and I still love it saving up for one of your knives still.

Best of luck muzzle loading what kind do you have father In law bought me a Knight about 8 years ago and I still love it saving up for one of your knives still.
I use a discontinued Knight Bighorn 50 cal. Bought it in 2001. Killed 32 deer since I've had it. Love it.
Scott

Scott I shot a big doe Monday night with my bow down state. Gave the whole deer to my handi cap brother. On SSI he does not have enough money to buy quality meat so me and my other brother always try to get him a couple of deer.

No luck so far. Missed a small six and saw several does. This week is doe only so maybe better luck this week.
Scott

If I'm not drifting this too far, may I ask? What design to you prefer in a skinning knife? What works well and what doesn't?

Good to know, thanks Scott. Good luck out there.

Here's a couple of pics from last week. Hopefully I'll get some more this week. Doe only this week. I'm going to get out a few days this week.
Parked up inthe woods first day.

od.jpg

A beanfield I'm hunting. Saw five doe and missed a 4 pointer here.

beanfield.jpg

Scott

My favorite is venison stew. I must be getting old, the deer are outsmarting me so far this year. Still got the rut coming up. I'll be out bowhunting next week. Found some good buck sign. Scrapes and a nice rub line.
Scott

Scott I was out 12hours today no luck today is first day of shotgun here in Ohio it rained all day I left you a message on either a Tusker companion or unk for deer
slash woods knife with mircata and A-2 thanks.

Scott I was out 12hours today no luck today is first day of shotgun here in Ohio it rained all day I left you a message on either a Tusker companion or unk for deer
slash woods knife with mircata and A-2 thanks.
Thanks for the phone call. Nice talking with you.

So far from people I've talked to, seems most are having a slow season. The weather has been crazy. Too warm. We had heavy rain yesterday and a cold front come in. Hopefully some better hunting the rest of this week.
Scott

Back