Opinel kitchen and paring knives...

Anyone using these?I like Opinel boning knife,and am also thinking of getting another paring knife from Opinel in carbon(have one in stainless and love it).any opinions on these,pros and cons are welcome!

I have one in carbon steel in my block and use it a lot. That sucker will take a scary edge very easily. I have used and loved Opinel knives since the 1970s. It will develop a nice dark patina from normal kitchen use.

I don't have an Opinel kitchen but having put their carbon steel #6 through it's paces I suspect it to perform good as long as you care for it. And it will take a sharp edge with ease from my experience which is quite nice.

I have a couple of the carbon steel paring knives.

They are good cutters once you sharpen them properly.

I mostly use them as utility knives, but they work well in the kitchen too.

I have carried their pocket knives for years--those make very good carry knives so I am guessing their kitchen knives are good

Opinel carbon steel knives are one of the best values on the planet for a working kitchen knife.

I've not used one. But I cary and use both carbon and stainless folders and enjoy them very much.

I would not hesitate to use one of their kitchen knives in stainless (their stainless gets just as scary sharp as their carbon steel, and seems to me to keep the edge a bit longer). I suspect they run their stainless a few points harder.

I own a few of the Opinel santoku's a bit thick behind the edge.but they take a nice edge.also they are stainless so few worries about care .

Back