Opinels with pocket clips

Leatherman clips on Opinel #8 and #9. Very deep carry.

opinel-clips.jpg

I saw some kickstarter post on here a few weeks back about a opinel pocket clip, most people tore it to shreds.

I kind of liked it.

The clip is definitely there, but I tried different grips and they are surprisingly fine.

I think Chris Reeve clips would work well for this type of stuff too. Easy to order. Relatively cheap. Low profile and only 1 hole to drill and tap.

The Opinel is not a gentlemans folder, the Opinel is a peasants knife, and I care more about the utility and function of such a knife. My Opinels are rusting away unused for too long because of their relative shortcomings.

The Opinel is not a gentlemans folder, the Opinel is a peasants knife, and I care more about the utility and function of such a knife. My Opinels are rusting away unused for too long because of their relative shortcomings.

Hey man, if it floats your boat and makes it so you enjoy your knives more go for it. That being said there's a reason that opinel hasn't added a pocket clip in their nearly 2 centuries of production. I personally found that they don't do it for me either, and gifted them to people I knew that needed a good knife...

Theres something so wrong about that on many levels.
I was going to say it reminded me of those old VW Bugs with the Rolls front end - but - this is just as good! :D Yeah - this for sure is one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" type of things. But, hey, as long as it ain't mine & I ain't paying for it, if the guy that does it likes it - that's all that matters I guess....(unless it starts a trend of some kind & you can't buy one w/out it - then is pitch forks & torches time)

I was going to say it reminded me of those old VW Bugs with the Rolls front end - but - this is just as good! :D Yeah - this for sure is one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" type of things. But, hey, as long as it ain't mine & I ain't paying for it, if the guy that does it likes it - that's all that matters I guess....(unless it starts a trend of some kind & you can't buy one w/out it - then is pitch forks & torches time)

Yeah, that or the guys with the little Honda civic's with the whale tail and coffee can mufflers like they have something hot there. It is what it is, and no amount of self delusion will change that. The Opinel is a good peasants work knife that does cut like the dickens, why clutter it up with some do-dad that looks like its in the way of a grip in multiple positions?

I like Opinels a lot, and dislike clips enough to have removed one from the only modern knife I still have. But I don't mind if someone else puts a clip on their Opinel - it's not a rare, irreplaceable artifact, it's a mass-produced knife that gets modded all the time. This might be my least-favorite Opinel mod, but if it works for the owner, awesome.

-Tyson

Interesting. How do they feel in hand after putting on a clip at such an askew angle like that?
He did that so that when clipped in a front right hip pocket, they lean back away from the hand that reaches into the pocket. They tend to stay out of the way more.

I might try this on my #8, as otherwise, it's a bit clunky in the pocket.

He did that so that when clipped in a front right hip pocket, they lean back away from the hand that reaches into the pocket. They tend to stay out of the way more.
Yeah, I was just curious about the ergos since it looks like the tip hangs off quite a bit

I might try this on my #8, as otherwise, it's a bit clunky in the pocket.
I tend to favor a leather pocket slip with a clip on it for these sort of things.

Back