Opinions of TOLEDO Swords

Anyone have knowledge on TOLEDO swords.They have a website and claim the swords to be functional.I was looking at a Rapier has carbon blade picture hard to see what construction of grip maybe made from.They go about $360.00.A good sword or just another overpriced pos? does anybody know if they send out blades dull like other manufacturers?:rolleyes:

There are several different manufacturers who use the name "Toledo" in one way or another. (Some more honest than others.)

If you could tell us exactly which company you're talking about, we might be able to give you some specifics, but be forewarned, seeing the name "Toledo" prominently featured in the name means there's at least a 90 percent chance it's strictly "wallhanger" stuff.

300+ dollars seems excessive for any of the different "Toledo" brand swords I've seen so far.

If it is the site I am thinking of (you might want to give out the url) I would not waste my time. The owner advertised over at Netsword at one point but when he was called on some of his claims he finally had to admit that his stuff even his (battle ready stuff) was for decorative purposes only. He said it was what the customer wants. Well maybe but not this customer.

That is certainly the site I was thinking of anyway.

sorry for not checking back.Yes,That is the site I'm speaking about.I guess the swords quality are probably not much to speak of then?

Sorry, I'm afraid not. There was a guy over at Netsword whose name I do not remember right at the moment who bought one of their battle ready offerings. He was disappointed in the extreme and the last I recall was looking at ways to torture test the thing just to see what you could do to abuse a piece of junk sword.

Tombstone,
With airline prices the way they are it may be cheaper just to fly to Toledo and pick one up over there. Seriously though, I've only been to Spain once, about six years ago and I do remember that you could get a decent functional blade for about $300. Unfortunately, I was a cheap high school student at that time so didn't bring back quality. I do remember that there was one excellent maker in Toledo, and I have pictures from the jewelry shop side of their operation. I'll see if I can find their name anywhere. They were quality and may have state side distributors. If I come up with anything I'll post it here. Good Luck with your quest.
Lagarto.

Back