Opinion's on Para 2 or ZT 0452

Hi,
I have been looking at a new Blue Spyderco Para 2 with the S110V steel for 150.00 or A ZT 0452 in S35V used for maybe 180.00. I have a para2 in S35V that I carry about everyday and I have a ZT 0560 which is not really a carry knife. I really don't need either but is the ZT worth the extra money over the upgraded spyderco?

Last edited:
Depends on what you like... and about which knife you're actually asking (title says 0452, text says 0456). Since you specify s35vn, I'll assume the title is correct.
I'm one that doesn't like the PM2 in stock form - did every time I think about buying one, I have to consider the cost of swapping to aftermarket scales. That matter aside, there is a significant difference between the two knives.
You say you have an 0560; but that it isn't really a carry knife... you are aware that the 0452 is longer, right? It's about an inch longer (OAL) than the PM2. The actual handle size is only a little over 1/4" longer; so the 0452 shouldn't carry TOO much differently (it's a little heavier; but, frankly, I wouldn't notice).

For me, a pocket knife that is close to 9.5" OAL is excessive; even if it is slim & relatively lightweight.

Yes, sorry about the typo (too many numbers). The ZT is a bit larger and I do have to consider carrying that length of blade. A lot of places frown on bigger than 4". I do like the look of the ZT and it's a bit different then the PM2. I think the steel is better on the PM2 S110v than the ZT especially for the money. The other ZT I have is just way to big to carry, unless it's in a bag or something. It's a bit of a hard decision especially once you go over 150.00 I just want to be confident.

The ZT is very light and easy to carry. The PM2 has better steel and a stronger lock, if that matters to you. Ergos are good on both. FWIW, I still have numerous PM2s but I no longer own a ZT 0452. Much of that is due to personal preference, however. They are both great.

They're both great choices, but from what I am taking away from this is that you already have a PM2, but you don't have a 0452. Unless you are absolutely enamored with the PM2 I would get the ZT for the sake of variety.

Last edited:
You are correct, I do like to change things up a bit. I do think it would be hard to beat the pm2 for an all around knife. I've never been a fan of the flippers and I'm kind of a steel nut. You have given me more to think about.

I've owned 2 PM2s - S35VN (sold), and M390 (currently own). I've also owned the 0452CF. Didn't keep the 0452. Keeping the M390 PM2. To me, the blade steel/grind are worth it. I don't like the way ZT grinds their blades. I don't like ZT's branding. I just don't like ZT. But that 0452 is a hell of a knife - the ergos and the way it carries, and the blade length. If it were only ground with cutting in mind...

Again - and, dont get me wrong, I love ZT and I don't dislike large folders - the 0452 is bigger than the 0560 that you won't carry.
Why not select another knife (unless you just want another PM2)? There are a number of great options out there.

Last edited:
What about a military? I have a cruwear PM2 that I thought was the best knife ever, but since I got the military I haven't touched the PM2 :eek:

What about a military? I have a cruwear PM2 that I thought was the best knife ever, but since I got the military I haven't touched the PM2 :eek:

Military would be a great choice. I recommend titanium millie, which has a frame lock with a steel lockbar insert.

Back