Opinions on the Ranger RD6 from Ontario?

Ordered the Ranger RD6 off amazon for $63 total, free one day shipping with Amazon prime, :D and I am getting it tomorrow :)

Anyone have this knife and can tell me a little more about it? Your experiences? What you use it for, how long you've had it, etc.?

I'm looking to use this as my primary woods blade, atleast, it'll be the knife I carry on my belt. I have a BK9 and an RTAK2, one goes with me into the woods but I keep these in my pack.

Thanks

Depends on what you do in the woods. If the reason you go there is to beat the bejeebus outta stuff, then it's perfect. It's a great bomb proof tank of a knife.

If you find that most of what you do in the woods is slicing, then I wouldn't carry it as a primary woods knife. That's just not what it's designed for.

What marcinek said. I have the 7 and it's not anything I would want to carry around on a hike for any extended periods of time. The knife is decent at cutting due to the grind and it will be able to chop some due to the weight. They are now discontinued I believe, worth every penny you paid for it for sure.
Pros:
Good grind, mine came with a really good edge.
Near indestructible 5160, I've tried, it's bombproof.

Cons:
Mediocre sheath with button-less retention strap.
Heavy.
Handle could be larger and scales could lose some girth.

Back