Opinions/Reviews for BM 160 Tether Knife

Jedi Knife

Banned
I'm looking for opinions from those who have handled/used the Benchmade 160 Tether knife- any input?

JK

Come on, anyone have one yet? I'd love to know how it feels, it looks real cool.

I saw one at a local shop. It's very lightweight and fits very well in it's kydex sheath. The blade is rather on the smallish side, but sharp and I also like the stonewashed finish that Benchmade is applying to their knives now. The model I saw was the plain edge version, GIN-1 steel with the Elishewitz's logo on the right side of the blade. The ergonomics are good and the thermoplastic coating on the handle is textured to give a good grip. I actually considered buying one, but I was turned off by the very small blade, so I bought a Benchmade Ascent II Utility model 831 instead (Same steel as the Tether, larger blade and less price).

It's a nice 'little' knife. Could come in handy, well made, very light, IMO overpriced. I'm a BM man, no slam intended; just honest.:)

The ergonomics are good
and the thermoplastic coating on the handle is textured to
give a good grip.

el cid,

Is the handle long enough to provide a good, solid grip?

JK

Yes, the handle is long enough to provide an adecuate grip. Since the coating used on the handle leaves a rough surface, there is litte chance of loosing your grip on the knife.

Back