Opinions wanted

Hello,
You have not been granted permission to use the photos of a Mr. Perino's sword for your commercial endeavor, as his legal represenative I am going to seek damages....

Nice website Russ! Kind of neat seeing my sword up there! (hopefully UPS comes through soon!)

Holy smoke! You know Chuck that never even occurred to me! I completely forgot to ask you about that. Can I use them? Please? With sugar on top?
smile.gif

And thus, a long and bitter Legal battle was narrowly averted.
LOL!
You just gotta love sword people!
biggrin.gif

Triton,
Some VERY impressive scabbards there! Do you do anything for rapiers?
I know several people in my group that would love to have something more sturdy and durable than the weak leather over cardboard junk that comes with many blades.

If not, please consider it and figure prices on black with silver colored furniture. I may be able to drum some business for you.

BTW, the site itself looks very nice! Attractive, easy to navigate, fast load, and leaves nothing to the imagination.
Good job!

------------------
Desenfundeme no sin la razón, envaineme no sin honor
Usual Suspect
MOLON LABE!

Hey Ken,

I haven't actually ever seen a rapier up close and in person but I guess that the basic scabbard principle would be the same. However the baldric bit has me, covering those scabbards with leather and making a simple belt has my humble leather working ability about tapped out right now. If they want just a scabbard with a belt then probably no problem!

Most guys buy their baldric or hanger seperately, or occasionally, make their own.

There would be no need for the belt braces you show on your heavier scabbards, but one brace to snug the baldric fastners around might be a pretty good idea!

(Scabbards slipping out of the baldric are a constant annoyance.)

If you're really interested, it may be possible to talk me into sending you a loaner rapier for you to try it out on.
(maybe)
biggrin.gif

------------------
Desenfundeme no sin la razón, envaineme no sin honor
Usual Suspect
MOLON LABE!

Ken,

I've been integrating braces (belt tabs?) into all my scabbbards so that the belt won't slip off the thing. I'm guessing that making a rapier scabbard would be pretty much just like making any other kind of scabbard so that shouldn't be to much of a worry.

TWG, One of the swords is a Del Tin the other is an Atrim 15th century mercenary that I customized myself.

I have a Tinkerblade 1401, looks a lot like the mercenary. It's even got a black leather handle and matching scabbard.

You blackened guard and pommel look great.

TWG,

Thanks, I have to admit I'm not doing the blueing myself, I know this guy... basically I'm just doing that for my customers for what he charges me. Sort of a bonus for them.

Back